Nintendo Switch sales near 5 million ? Future of the Switch?

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
So recently it came to my attention that Nintendo just revealed its earnings up to June 30th and it reavealed that the Switch sold 4.7 million units (5 million by now since June 30th was a while ago and the sales from splatoon 2 probably boosted sales). Also, Switch games sales were revealed too as Zelda sold 3.92 million, Mario kart 8 deluxe at 3.5 million and Arms selling 1.18 million. These are pretty impressive sales numbers for the Switch as it is still selling well. What does this mean for the switch though? Will it outsell the Wii U in its first year? Can nintendo become top of the market again? Could it possibly outsell the Wii even?
I personally think it will outsell the Wii U but not the Wii, and it will be middle of the market, what do you all think about this news?

I doubt it will sell as much as the wii, but i expect great things from this console. Just wait until MArio Odyssey and Metroid Prime come out...

Will it outsell the Wii U in its first year?
Can nintendo become top of the market again?
Could it possibly outsell the Wii even?
Yes.
No.
No.

Reactions: Bobcam7! and JaxLeo
I doubt it will sell as much as the wii, but i expect great things from this console. Just wait until MArio Odyssey and Metroid Prime come out...
Same here. I'm limit forward top Mario and Kirby

Nintendo Switch is really selling a lot of systems last time I tested GameStop and I was going to pretend to buy a Nintendo Switch and when I tapped "Proceed to check out" it was unavailable I was so surprised Lol and hopefully this lawsuit against Gamevice ends so Nintendo can start shipping more Nintendo Switches to the U.S. because I really want to get one ,but not rn I might wait just in case they release a better Switch console.

I love gaming in general, and I make no difference as to where to play my games, I own different Brand consoles and I love them all. Anyway, nintendo has that special thing that makes me feel like at home, probably because my first console was a nintendo console.
I never doubted nintendo and its capabilities at the time of making games, and I think many people of the gamer community thinks so, otherwise they wouldn´t play mario games or dk games or zelda games anymore.
I got my nintedo switch from day one and I am really happy with the system, I play it docked or on the go. Now, when the last nintendo direct was showed, I knew for sure nintendo is doing things the right way with the switch. I think the future will hold a great horizon for those of us who own a switch console.

Back