One Piece gets live action TV Sh.......Oh God :'(

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Yes, you heard me right. One Piece is, in fact, getting a Live Action Hollywood TV Show.......And you know what? I am done, that's it. I have given Hollywood and other media productions multiple chances to make a good Live Action Anime adaptation. Dragonball Evolution? Garbage. Attack on Titan Live Action Movie? Trash. Both Gantz live action movies? Horrific. Deathnote, Another, Corpse Party, Parasyte, all of them just bad. The best thing you can say about a Live action adaptation is that it's decent, and that's when your reeeeeeeeealy digging hard to find something to like about it.

So could a One Piece Live action show be done well? No.....just a straight up no. You know it deep in your hearts that they are going to butcher everything you love about the series. Fun characters? Gone. Cool action? Gone. An interesting plot developing across multiple story arcs in a fun and memorable story? Nope, it won't even be considered by the writers and producers.

That's just my opinion on the whole matter. What do all of you think? Do any of you actually think a Live action TV show based off of One Piece will actually do a good job, let alone actually be as good as the manga or anime? Be sure to let me know cause I just want to see if anyone has any hope left to give on these Live Action adaptations. http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/07/21/one-piece-is-getting-a-hollywood-live-action-tv-series/

*whisper* lets pretend we know nothing

Reactions: VirtulJordan
Why is the live action AoT under such hate? It's about giants eating people, I'd say they nailed it pretty well.

Why is the live action AoT under such hate? It's about giants eating people, I'd say they nailed it pretty well.
Where do I begin? The movie was not made for the fans of Attack on Titan. There is very little source material of the manga in the movie itself. It's just far too detached. Mikasa and Armin had possibly the worst casting roles, not to mention that Armin and Mikasa in the movie are nothing like the original characters. There is no story, no background to the movie itself. The best way to approach this movie is as if its not even Attack on Titan, but just a simple action thriller, even then it's not that great. There was so much source material to work with, yet almost all of it was ignored for the sake of action and bloodshed. Despite some cool action scenes, especially at the very end with Titan Arin, it has nothing else to offer for either fans of the manga or newcomers. So ya, it was just a huge disappointment.

God please no.I know when this stuff happens it's terrible.Why do they make more of this stuff when they know it's not going to end well.What Next are they going to screw up Naruto?God I hope not.

God please no.I know when this stuff happens it's terrible.Why do they make more of this stuff when they know it's not going to end well.What Next are they going to screw up Naruto?God I hope not.
You know Naruto is next, if they are already doing One Piece then you know Naruto is going to be their next victim. Well Wither Naruto or My Hero Academia.

There was so much source material to work with, yet almost all of it was ignored for the sake of action and bloodshed.
But isn't all the source material Action and bloodshed? (Just like Game of Thrones.) The entire series I've seen is just Titans eating people, getting killed by Titan killing people. (I don't really know what I'm saying, I've not nor have plans to watch this series, it unfortunately doesn't doesn't interest me. So I apologize if I sound arrogant.)

You know Naruto is next, if they are already doing One Piece then you know Naruto is going to be their next victim. Well Wither Naruto or My Hero Academia.
Well even if they do make Naruto there next victim (which I hope not) there just going to be wasting money and once it airs then nobody will like it so if you ask me they should stop making these or there just going to be screwed over in the end.

But isn't all the source material Action and bloodshed? (Just like Game of Thrones.) The entire series I've seen is just Titans eating people, getting killed by Titan killing people. (I don't really know what I'm saying, I've not nor have plans to watch this series, it unfortunately doesn't doesn't interest me. So I apologize if I sound arrogant.)
No the series goes far beyond action and bloodshed. It deals with alot of drama and character building. It deals with Arins emotional struggle in protecting everyone as well as his struggle to hold onto his past, which may hold the key to discovering the truth about the Titans. Mikasa deals with her love for Arin and risking her own life to protect him at all costs. clashing with the struggle Arins going through and the big mess he is caught up in with the other Human Titans and the Government within Wall Rose. It's a very plot heavy show with an occasional action break. The movie only had 1% of the plot from the manga.

Well, I heard Eiichiro Oda, the guy who created One Piece, is involved in the TV series and is trying to ensure it's good, so here's to hoping everything's alright.

Back