Is the Joy-Con Comfort Grip as good as a controller?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I found out that Gamestop is offering some bundles - one with a Switch and a Joy-Con Comfort Grip and another with the Switch and a controller. The controller bundle is slightly more expensive but the one with the comfort grip has better value for the money imo since it throws in a Splatoon 2 copy.

Joy-Con Comfort Grip :

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently you can slide your two joy-coins into it and use it like a controller.

I'm wondering if the joy-con comfort grip is really as good as a controller and feels good when playing for long hours, or should I stay away from it and always get a controller instead?

Judging on what I have seen of the joycon comfort grip (and my own normal joycon grip) I can say it is probably the better option since you get the game with it for a lower price than the pro controller bundle. With the pro controller bundle you would have to buy a game. If you end up not liking the joycon comfort grip then you can buy a pro controller and it would add up to the same price as the pro controller bundle + a game. And if you don't buy the pro controller you save $70 (or something like that i live in canada and its like $100 here).

I believe that the Nintendo Switch with Joy-con grip and the Splatoon 2 copy is better because you a game and you have a controller which is the Joy-con grip and is better than having a controller ,but no game hopefully you listen to us and get the Switch bundle because it won't be there for a long time since it will sell out also try to get the pro controller afterwards.I'm debating whether or not I should get a Nintendo Switch too since Mario Odyssey is coming out and it really got my attention ,but idk because I have a Wii U also the GameStop Nintendo Switch bundles are really great and hopefully I get enough money to buy the Nintendo Switch bundle that you're going to get.

Does that hold the system and the controls or is it just for the controls? It looks interesting but just by looking at it I would question the comfort in using it. I've seen so many things like this come out but I'm sure you can find the right one for you. What is that thing in the middle of it ? Lol I'm pretty sure it's part of it but it looks so much like a case for something like a cellphone XD. That alone makes it look a bit funny .

The grip works well for Zelda & MK8. I wouldn't try it on Splatoon 2 though because the right analog stick is in an awkward position to be using it all the time. For Splatoon 2 I use the Pro controller.

Back