Favorite Kirby game?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
I haven't play very many Kirby games so Please don't be upset but I would have to say Kirby nightmare in dreamland it was a very fun game to play all the way through I also liked the free power up shops in the worlds I would even keep fighting the final boss and play the mini games a bunch. So overall it was a great game and I would definitely play it again I even still have the cartridge that I got at goodwill so thank you Nintendo for making great Kirby games

Personally, one of my fave Kirby game is no doubt, Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land, or Kirby's Adventure (NES) if you prefer the original. Both of them are mostly the same, and it's thanks to these games that make me interested in Kirby franchise in the first place. Besides of that, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe also counts as well.

Crystal Shards is my favorite but the original on Gameboy will always hold a special place in my heart.

I cannot even put into words how much I love Kirby. I have played almost every Kirby game out there, but to this day one reigns supreme. As I quote younger me:

"Cutesy kids' game with adorable animal friends, light pastel colours, crayon-like graphics, music that ranges in atmospheric as all hell to usual upbeat music, but with a ridiculously dark undertone that only truly reveals itself in its iris exploding gorey horror if you're a shiz for puzzles and/or are a completionist who hates themself bc the game is so simple and still yet so f-ing cryptic is my aesthetic"

For all y'all who didn't get that, it's Kirby's Dreamland 3.

The free-to-play Team Kirby Clash Deluxe game.

My favorite is Super Star Ultra on the DS, I love all the gameplay styles it has as it mixes up the Kirby formula a bunch, like the Great Cave Offensive with exploration as its main theme or Milky Way Wishes with its ability to keep transformations permanently but you have to find them. My favorite mode is Meta Knightmare, it has you play through all the main gameplay modes as Meta Knight, it even has timer making it essentially the speedrun mode. The only problem I have with the DS version is that on the SNES version you can play multiplayer in any mode where in the DS version it's limited to Spring Breeze and some mini games. The DS version is still the best though thanks to better graphics, more gameplay modes, and portability

Reactions: Hikaiet
the DS version it's limited to Spring Breeze and some mini games

Actually, it's not limited if the over person also owns a copy of the DS version! My cousin and brother played through the Arena this way and never told me Q V Q I felt cheated. But yes, you absolutely can, but it does suck that you need two copies of the game.

I think the DS remake was superior in pretty much every conceivable way.

Actually, it's not limited if the over person also owns a copy of the DS version! My cousin and brother played through the Arena this way and never told me Q V Q I felt cheated. But yes, you absolutely can, but it does suck that you need two copies of the game.

I think the DS remake was superior in pretty much every conceivable way.
cool, I didn't know because I don't own two copies. So there is no reason to play the SNES version then

cool, I didn't know because I don't own two copies. So there is no reason to play the SNES version then

Other than for nostalgia, cosmetics, or slight music changes? No, not really. I still play the original because it's more accessible to play 2 player (only need one copy and one station), but if I'm playing solo, I always opt for Ultra.

Back