Support Needed SSL Connection Failed

• Thread starter N3DSXL
  • Start date
N3DSXL

N3DSXL

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I was trying to use this Website on my 3DS Browser but it keeps saying SSL Connection Failed. How do I fix this so I can use this on my 3DS Browser?

I was trying to use this Website on my 3DS Browser but it keeps saying SSL Connection Failed. How do I fix this so I can use this on my 3DS Browser?
Nintendo needs to make an update on their side.

Edit: For webmasters who found this topic from Google, here is a solution to make it work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28142
Nintendo 3DS's browser is a very old model, like the browser you can have in old non-smarphones phones, so there are a lot of websites that can't be seen normally, some have a light version for these browsers but most websites are too big or too technologic for the browser. There is nothing you can do about it and I don't think Nintendo will be doing something about it, since they're giving up on Nintendo 3DS family and since instead of making a good browser, they added Youtube as an app.

Nintendo 3DS's browser is a very old model, like the browser you can have in old non-smarphones phones, so there are a lot of websites that can't be seen normally, some have a light version for these browsers but most websites are too big or too technologic for the browser. There is nothing you can do about it and I don't think Nintendo will be doing something about it, since they're giving up on Nintendo 3DS family and since instead of making a good browser, they added Youtube as an app.

Are they going to give up on the "Old 3DS" only or both the "Old & New 3DS"? When is that happening?

I can't find the thread where we were talking about it, but we see more and more hints of Nintendo just giving up on Nintendo 3DS family and putting all their efforts in the Switch. Nothing official about that.

I can't find the thread where we were talking about it, but we see more and more hints of Nintendo just giving up on Nintendo 3DS family and putting all their efforts in the Switch. Nothing official about that.

I got word from Nintendo that they're not doing away w/ the 3DS Family Systems. Here's what the Nintendo Worker Said "At this point we have no plans to discontinue the Nintendo 3DS Family of systems, and in fact, in our last Nintendo Direct, we announced quite a few Nintendo 3DS games! We're also introducing a new New Nintendo 2DS XL color before the end of the year."

Yeah, but the problem with the Internet Browser is that it was never meant to be powerful. We nerds like to call it a micro browser. It can do very simple things, meaning it can't do much else. In order to watch videos, you need the YouTube app, and in order to listen to music or check out a fancy website, you need to use an actual computer. With how long the 3DS has been in existence, you'd hope Nintendo would've updated it by now. But the main function of the 3DS is as a gaming system. Thus, we likely won't be seeing any updates to the system regarding any of its secondary functions any time soon. Wish I had a better answer, but hey, maybe Nintendo'll prove me wrong.
By the way, I have used the browser quite a bit and found it to fail on quite a few occasions. It's just kind of weak in terms of how much content it can load on a screen.Your best bet is to use a computer.

Reactions: Alegria
I'm pretty sure some webmasters found this topic from Google so I'm just going to leave a solution to the issue here.

The first thing to check for is if you have an IPv6 address enabled at the server level. If yes, disable it completely. You should also check if you have A/AAAA records set wherever you manage DNS. Delete any related to the IPv6 address.

If you still encounter the problem, you'll have to take things a bit further by weakening the cipher suites for SSL because the 3DS doesn't like the modern, more secure technology we have today. Restart the web server and things should work out.

Back