Please Help Mario vs. Donkey Kong Players Before Miiverse Ends!

• Thread starter Danominator
  • Start date

Can you help the Community of Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars?

• Yah dude, I'll get on it as soon as I can.

• Nah dude, can't help out. Sorry...

• Aah dude, don't know yet. We'll see.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danominator

Danominator

Professional Goof
Towns Folk
UPDATE: Miiverse has now ended. Thank you to all who were able to make a difference during the final weeks of the service.

I'll make this quick, because there are less than 15 days until Miiverse ends.

This is a statement from Nintendo Support regarding how Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars will be affected by the end of Miiverse.

When the Miiverse service is discontinued on November 7th, 2017 at 10:00pm Pacific Time, some modes within Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars will be affected. See below for details on the changes to this game's features:

Workshop:
  • Stages you created can no longer be posted/shared.
    • You can still play any levels you create.
  • Stars can no longer be received by playing stages posted by other users or as a reward from other users that play stages you posted. As there will be a limit to the amount of stars that can be obtained, not all objects may be unlocked from the Workshop.
  • Stages previously posted cannot be withdrawn. Stages that have previously been shared in Community mode cannot be deleted or edited unless they were withdrawn first.
Community:
  • Stages posted to the community can no longer be played.
    • You can still play any stages downloaded before the end of the Miiverse service.
  • Stars cannot be sent to other users. Stamps that are received from sending stars to other players can no longer be obtained.
Main Game:
  • All stages from the main game can still be played.

To put it short, this game will be impossible to complete when Miiverse ends. In order to unlock everything from the Workshop, stars must be earned by playing online levels and earning them from other players who play your levels and tip you stars. This is the only way to earn this in-game currency. I am one of the many who will be left without enough stars to complete the game. I'll be around 6000 stars short, in fact.

Unless.

If you have this game and have completed it, you can still help those who are short by a large number of stars. If you don't, it may not be worth getting the game at any time unless Nintendo suddenly changes this statement and gives the game an alternative for level sharing, like Super Mario Maker already is getting. The point is though, that this problem can be helped! If you have completed the game or are still working to unlock the final pieces in the Workshop, I'd encourage you to get on it now. When you play other's levels, they earn stars and when you play them, you earn stars as well.

Please consider taking the next two weeks to help your fellow gamers in need if you possibly can. This is not about me, it's about everyone who has put effort and creativity into their levels only to lose their chance to complete a game that they paid money for. If you can help, great. A huge thank-you to anyone who is able to contribute.

In short: the players of Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars need you to play their levels for the next two weeks so you and they can earn in-game currency to complete their games. Thank you on behalf of the community for considering to help in advance, it means much more to us than you think.

Last edited:
Bumping because this is important to me.

Could you use those features with the Pedia? It sounds like this is a Miiverse problem, not an internet problem.

Could you use those features with the Pedia? It sounds like this is a Miiverse problem, not an internet problem.
No, the service uploads levels THROUGH Miiverse. Please read Nintendo's official quote in my post above.

Well, guess I can't help ya then.

Sorry. :panda:

UPDATE: Miiverse has ended. Thanks to all who were able to help with level sharing.

@Marc, could you delete this since it's kinda irrelevant now? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back