Valkyria Chronicles 4 marching its way to the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Valkyria Chronicles 4 will be marching its way to the Nintendo Switch next year, Sega announced. It'll also launch on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, therefore it's not going to be exclusive for the Switch (although that wasn't likely to happen anyway).

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is Deploying to the West in 2018

Some information about the game's story :
SEGA said:
The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire's forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.

Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation's success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria... and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.
Anyone excited for this tactical turned-based strategy RPG?

I've never played Valkyria Chronicles, but I love my RPGs so I might buy it.

I keep thinking I'm definitely getting a PS4 and then something new is announced for the Switch. If they release Persona 5 for the Switch I'm sold. That's all that's holding me back. This is set in the same timeline as the first one that too! The first game was a classic

Considering how I liked the 2nd, and how good was the anime for the 1 (I'm just waiting to find the time to play it, I have it), I'll likely get it. It's still nice to see Sega port the licence to the Switch, because maybe not only the series will get more recognition, but it's also nice to play it on the go (source: the Valkyria Chronicles games on the PSP).

Overall, it'll be a guaranteed buy from me while hoping Sega port the other one that's still PS4/XB1-only to PC.

Actually I have no idea about this franchise, they look too japanese to me (I am not saying that is a bad thing) and sometimes I need some time and energy to start a japanese title. Anyway, the game is making its way to the nintendo switch and I bet there are a lot of fans of the franchise, so I think it is really good that third party publishers put their games on the console. Those publishers together with nintendo´s first party games make the switch the best console.

Back