What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 are definitely my favorite Pokemon games. They are on the Nintendo 64 and have always been so much fun. I've never been one to like a storyline so these are perfect for me. :)

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
pokemon moon cause I love all the new pokemon I love the z moves I love pokemon refresh

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 are definitely my favorite Pokemon games. They are on the Nintendo 64 and have always been so much fun. I've never been one to like a storyline so these are perfect for me. :)

I used to play these all the time!! ^w^

...It took me a while to understand, but it seems I got the hang of it eventually. :hilarious:

The minigames on Pokemon Stadium 2 were my favorite, I think. Like with the penguin dude, or the long furry one. ...>w<
I never memorized all of their names.

Loved Charizard, though, 'cause he practically murdered everyone with Fire Blast. :p

Pokémon Sapphire was the best until the remake Alpha Sapphire which was even better, so yeah generation 6 is my favorite because of the remake however the setting of Alola is also amazing and also the story so I am between generation 6 and 7. Also in spinoff, I am a big fan of Pokken due to its tekken like feel which I have been a fan of since tekken 5 since I was 6 yrs.

@Marc Wow, diamond. Am I honestly the only person who did not like generation 4 at all? (in fact it's my least favorite gen.) Sure generation 4 did those cool things but my problem is that generation four did not do enough for me. I felt like it was too bland and boring. The pokemon, the region, the plot, the gym leaders. They were all meh. I mean that is okay if the game makes it stand out in other ways, which generation four really does not. For me generation 4 feels like it just showed how formulaic Pokemon became. Too me generation 4 was just an overuse of the same system that we saw in the past 3 generations. So despite everybody's hype, I am not at all looking forward to the gen 4 remakes. In fact I would rather them skip to the generation 5 remakes which is one of my favorite gens ever.

Now people might ask why, but this is really because they fixed my complaints from gen 4, they just did too much. Generation 5 was Pokemon trying to take a step in a new generation, to "spice it up". I admire them for this and I think generation 5 is very good. However I think why generation 5 received such criticism is that gen 5 did so much that I think people felt that they forgot their roots, especially with the fact that in regular black and white they were no other generations present in the game until you beat the game and obtained the national dex. But again, I love this gen for doing something really different and taking Pokemon in a different direction. You also have to remember that we have certain things because of generation 5. One big example is the plot. Generation 5's plot was more in depth and a more plot than "the bad guys are trying to take over the world with the help of the legendary Pokemon". Generation 5 changed that with everything with Team Plasma, and N. It shows too. To me the best pokemon generation's episode was the last one with AZ. This was so special because X and Y decided to continue Gen 5's trend of being more connected to the characters and making the plot much deeper. This even shows in Sun and Moon where people generally seem to like it's plot.

Now on to gen 7. Also one of my favorite games. To me generation 7 hit the sweet spot between these last two gens I just discussed. Generation 7 did enough new to not feel completely bland and boring, while it keep enough of the older elements to not feel foreign and that it forgot it's roots. I think this is why everybody seems Sun and Moon, and with Ultra Soon and Ultra Moon coming out in november I would gladly pay $60 just to relieve the amazing games that were Sun and Moon.

Also I will always love Emerald as it was my first, and Generation 1 as it was the first.

Reactions: Mr. Lapiz
My favorite pokemon game is all of them. I don't really have a favorite because I have not played all of them, I do have a favorite pokemon fangame which would be Pokemon Sweet. It has almost all pokemon in it except pokemon sun and moon, all of the pokemon have sweet name and look good to eat. The game is great and every pokemon fan should play, the only real pokemon game I have played are pokemon soulsilver, black,black 2,red,green,omege ruby, and sun. My favorite pokemon are eevee, mew, and ninetails, if i chould be any pokemon it would have to be mew. Mew is the rarest pokemon to get so trianer would leave me alone and i have mew for omega ruby. What is your favorite pokemon?

Well you basically played all of them @eeveeruleslol . You only missed two gens (unless we're not counting the remakes). You just missed generations 4 and 6. Honestly these are my least favorite gens anyway. But if you want to play them, gen 4 were the first Pokémon games on the DS, so you can play them on the 3ds (or wait for the remakes). In case you don't know gen 4 consists of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Gen 6 you can also play as they were the first games to come to the 3ds. However if you want to wait for the remake, that will be for a little bit. So if you want to play them before that, just get them. In case you might not know, Gen 6 is X and Y

i forgot to put pokemon Diamond and Plantinum. My first pokemon game i played was soulsliver at the age of seven for my birthday. Sadly i was too young to now what to do so by the time i got to the three gym leader, my starter pokemon was fully evolve and level 50. I think by the time i was eight i had just beat the league four and beat only two two of the other gym leader. My second pokemon game got was pokemon black and i was ten then so i knew what i was doing, then one my friends give me pokemon plantinum. I play pokemon red on my friends phone and preorder pokemon sun. My least favorite pokemon is pokemon ranger, it was to hard.

Ahh. Yes pokemon ranger was pretty hard. So you only missed X and Y? That's fine you can do without them. If you want to see really the only good thing about them, just watch the last episode of Pokemon Generations.

i did watch the show but not pokemon generation, the regular show. I was on of those kids who woke up early in the morning to watch new episodes of pokemon. I never finsh the show i stop watching we they got to pokemon black and white. I hated everything about pokemon black and white, the opening, new characters, and Ash was stuib and didn't know pokemon that he had seen before. The number one thing i hated was that they took Brock away, he was my favorite character in pokemon. What is pokemon generation about?

It's a recap of every generation except Sun and Moon. They do 3 episodes for each generation, highlighting key moments. The whole series is on youtube. Here's the one I was talking about.

I think I really liked Pokémon X and Y. I've already explained it in my Top 5 Pokémon Games list, but I'll explain it in further detail.

My first Pokémon game was HeartGold. I was really bad at it, and I kinda learned about type advantages/disadvantages the hard way. Then I beat the champion around the time Black and White was teased, and I got Platinum to pass the time while my parents tried to get us ready for moving. I had moved from LA to the mountains on November of that same year, and I met some friends there who had DSs and games, so I played with them and got White to balance their choice of getting Black. They...well, I think they found me annoying, and they kicked me out of their house a lot because they didn't want me anymore. I quickly became the new kid to an abomination people swore never to talk to. My internet was terrible, so I couldn't go online to play with other people or battle.

And then I saw the Nintendo Direct with the new games. Let me tell you, these were revolutionary at the time. Games that were sprite-heaven suddenly became real 3D! I moved once again to a new town and a new group of friends. To this day...I can't tell if they consider me a friend or they're still deciding. :p But I went and got Pokémon Y, and I found it amazing. Now, I can customize my trainer to look however I want, and I had the 3D slider bumped up to max for almost the entire game. That was when I was introduced to using the internet for Pokémon. The 3DS was a lot stronger than the DS, so I was able to connect to the internet with little to no difficulty. I played with a lot of people and met new things.

If you've also read that list, you'd also know that 12 days after the release of X and Y, my grandma passed away on the 25th of October, 2013. I was really sad, and now that I had the internet of good use I was able to grieve to some people that really cared. Plus, the theme of life and death in those games seriously could not have been a coincidence. Suddenly, my copy of Y turned from being just another game to something I attached to quickly.

Heh heh, sorry for reading all that. Let me sum it up for you:

My favorite game is Pokémon Y. :)

Reactions: Mizunil and AricAttack
I think I really liked Pokémon X and Y. I've already explained it in my Top 5 Pokémon Games list, but I'll explain it in further detail.

My first Pokémon game was HeartGold. I was really bad at it, and I kinda learned about type advantages/disadvantages the hard way. Then I beat the champion around the time Black and White was teased, and I got Platinum to pass the time while my parents tried to get us ready for moving. I had moved from LA to the mountains on November of that same year, and I met some friends there who had DSs and games, so I played with them and got White to balance their choice of getting Black. They...well, I think they found me annoying, and they kicked me out of their house a lot because they didn't want me anymore. I quickly became the new kid to an abomination people swore never to talk to. My internet was terrible, so I couldn't go online to play with other people or battle.

And then I saw the Nintendo Direct with the new games. Let me tell you, these were revolutionary at the time. Games that were sprite-heaven suddenly became real 3D! I moved once again to a new town and a new group of friends. To this day...I can't tell if they consider me a friend or they're still deciding. :p But I went and got Pokémon Y, and I found it amazing. Now, I can customize my trainer to look however I want, and I had the 3D slider bumped up to max for almost the entire game. That was when I was introduced to using the internet for Pokémon. The 3DS was a lot stronger than the DS, so I was able to connect to the internet with little to no difficulty. I played with a lot of people and met new things.

If you've also read that list, you'd also know that 12 days after the release of X and Y, my grandma passed away on the 25th of October, 2013. I was really sad, and now that I had the internet of good use I was able to grieve to some people that really cared. Plus, the theme of life and death in those games seriously could not have been a coincidence. Suddenly, my copy of Y turned from being just another game to something I attached to quickly.

Heh heh, sorry for reading all that. Let me sum it up for you:

My favorite game is Pokémon Y. :)
that was awesome

X and Y were just meh to be honest. They weren't horrible but they weren't great.

i love pokemon Esmerald and Platino

i love pokemon Esmerald and Platino
Do you mean Emerald and Platinum?

My favorite Pokemon game would have to be Pokemon Pearl. It was the first game I played and it was the game that introduced me into the series. Even just the music or cover art brings back so many memories. It will forever stay in my heart as the first and most favorable Pokemon game. View attachment 17674

Attachments

• UhnsbRi.jpg
    UhnsbRi.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Duffy
My favourite games are HeartGold and SoulSilver. They were the first game I got on release day, and I actually had a sleepover with my friend the night before! It was a great time, especially because we were late to the store opening! (For those who don't remember, HGSS was released on a daylight savings weekend, and we got thrown off. It's stories like these that make me love HGSS!)

Pokemon Platinum is my favorite as it was the one that brought me back into the series. I only played Blue up to that point, but with all the new things added like online play and trading.

My favorite pokemon game is Pokemon Yellow Version since it was my first pokemon game. So it brings back very good memories.

Back