Favorite Super Smash Bros Game?

• Thread starter Ninja-Patty
  • Start date
Smash 4 because it's probably THE Smash game that has appeal in both the competitive and casual smash scenes. I really hate the meme to refer to the game as "Tr4sh", as there is nothing trashy about it what-so-ever. It just isn't as fast paced or broken as Melee. That's it. Get over it.
The original Smash is still very fun. I wouldn't recommend playing it competitively though, it's a bit of a mess haha. Still, very nostalgic to me, and the reason I got into Smash bros and the game that inspired me to get Brawl, which was my favourite until Smash 4 came out.

For me, Smash Bros. for 3DS is one because of its wide selection of characters. Besides, it's the first Smash game to be played on handheld, after all, even though there was some letdown when it have some limitations (like only 1 Pokeball at a time instead of 4 or more in console variants).

Before I get to my favorite smash game. Why is Super Smash Bros 64 E for everyone if Super Smash Bros Melee rated T for teens. I know why Super smash bros brawl is Rated T because the solo mode had some Michael Bay stuff. Then Super Smash Bros for Wii u became Rated 10+. My favorite is smash 4 because it had so much stuff

My list would probably be this way :
1) Project M. Because Melee gameplay, Brawl graphics, annoying AI.
2) Melee and 4 tied. Because one has an amazing gameplay but lacks features, the other one has a restrained gameplay but amazing features.
4) SSF2. Because it has an interesting gameplay and can be played online.
5) Smash 64. I never played it but it is surely better than Brawl since it had an option to disable random. Maybe if I tried it it would rank higher, I don't know.
6) Super Tripping Bros Brawl. You jump twice with Falco, you can cook pasta while waiting for him to land back on stage. In the meantime, Fox tries to dash to get under you and charge an up smash but falls for no reason due to a random number generator. Useless game.
Time to update that list :p

1) Melee with the 20XX training pack, because Melee gameplay (duh), interesting maps and interesting AI (the default AI in Melee is boring).

2) SSF2 and Project M tied. SSF2 has an interesting gameplay even though it's not Melee's, and Project M has Melee's. But SSF2 lacks characters (no Falco!) and Project M is only good on a Wii with absolutely 0 input lag, unlike Melee that I can play without problems on my laptops.

4) Smash 4 because tons of features, but I still don't understand why someone thought it would be a good idea to make a fighting game where no one dies.

5) Smash 64 placed here for the same reason as before :p

6) Super Tripping Bros Brawl placed here for the same reason as before, but it's not last this time!

7) Super Smash Bros Crusade. I am honestly still wondering if this is a bad joke or if people were serious while making this. The graphics are really really bad (and I'm not saying that because they are 2D, they are 2D too in SSF2...), the physics don't make sense, and the fact it is supposed to have Melee gameplay isn't enough to make it good.

I loved Brawl! It was so unique with all the different features, my only problem was wolf mains

So far, Sm4sh wii U

Brawl. Brawl was really fun with the Subspace emissary, and lower speed. It was more fun casual then the others, and made me want to play it more and more. It introduced me to the series, and was the first game I was good at. I really liked the game, and Ice Climbers and Snake where some of my mains.

Smash U is insanely close tho >.<

My favorite is 3DS and then Brawl, I played both of them and they are really fun, and you can spend a lot of time playing them (the worst part, getting addicted)
I like the 3DS Smash Run.

While not exactly official games by Nintendo, if you are one of those people who loves Project M or Silly Melee feel free to mention it.

Personally my favorite game of the Smash series is a tie between Sm4sh and Melee. I seem to like Melee more as a game to play with my friends rather than on a more serious note. I love to play Sm4sh more competitively than as a party game. That being said, that's just my opinion.

I love Sm4sh because I can play it on the go with friends.

I'd have to say Smash 4 is my favorite. With the inclusion of custom specials and plenty of multiplayer modes I expect a fair fight and pretty even matches when I play it. Melee is second place but matches can be one sided depending on the players' tech skill level for instance I can wavedash and I typically win when using Marth but any Melee tournament player would probably beat me. Brawl is the least favorite of the ones I've played. The game picks up moves fairly slower than the other games in the series.

Smash 4

I feel that the first Smash game for the N64 started something really great for gamers everywhere. Graphics may not have been that great and not a lot of characters but still one of my favorite childhood games.

I loved Brawl and all but Sm4sh is more fun imo. Because it's more new and because it has more characters and other stuff. I also found it fun beating the Master Hand and the Crazy Hand. I miss some characters from Brawl tho. :p

Brawl was definetly a great time while it was the only one of the franchise I had,but now that Smash 4 is a thing,I can consider it as my favorite of the hunch,more so on the Wii U version. :thumbsup:
I think I like it more than Brawl because of how much the improvements are noticibly great here.Example,Sakurai said that we would have less characters than in Brawl,right?Well,the game has 58 characters total while Brawl only has a handful 39,so I'd like to think that Sakurai-San was trolling us all this time. :wacky:
Other than that,there's just a lot going on here that I can't really write them all here!This game is just too good. :p

Smash 4 and melee.

I'm a melee player. The technical ceiling on that game is insane, which is why I love it. It's so deep and so fast. I like smash 4 too, but it's not nearly as fast or technical. I also use netplay for melee, so I have actual experience with the game.

Say, I've heard complaints of SSB:Brawl. Any of you guys know what was wrong with Brawl? My answer is Brawl for its adventure mode, boss battles, and an exceptional selection of characters.

Brawl isn't suitable for competitive play. The gameplay is campy and boring, and there are too many infinites. And then there's meta knight, who is very very broken. Adventure mode was good and all, but it's completely obsolete at the competitive level. And to be honest, it deserves to be.

I love brawl, and it is my favorite game in the series. I got it for Christmas one year, after I had played it previously at my cousin's house, and I had beaten the game in a week (really fast for young me). I would play it for hours, collecting trophies, stickers, and making the best sticker setups in the subspace emissary. I loved this game so much and will always treasure that gem of a wonderful game. (Also, spamming pk fire was always fun)

Back