My thoughts on Super Mario Odyssey

• Thread starter Floral
  • Start date
Floral

Floral

Competitive Game Aficionado
Towns Folk
My GOD. This game was insane. I took the last 4-5 days to play the main story, and played non-stop. It was soooo good, I definitely justified my Switch purchase with this game alone.

Buuuut I had some issues:
  • Frame drops in TV mode. (I'm sure an update would fix this.)
  • Capture abilities didn't feel incredibly fleshed out. (But they were mostly all really good fun to use, so not too much of a complaint.)
  • Cappy sometimes wouldn't move where you thought you threw him, I'm sure this could be fixed in a little update.
I'm gonna go for 100% on this game. Probably gonna nolife it again soon.

Yeah it was a really great game.

i beat it in a day, loved every thing the game has to offer, just got to get all moons now

Reactions: Kadaj
i beat it in a day, loved every thing the game has to offer, just got to get all moons now
Woaaaah, did you even sleep? I thought my 3, 4 or maybe 5 days was plenty.

Reactions: eeveeruleslol
Woaaaah, did you even sleep? I thought my 3, 4 or maybe 5 days was plenty.
lol, i did get sleep, i sould show proof i beat it

lol, i did get sleep, i sould show proof i beat it
If you're level 3 or up, by all means. I will once I'm that high myself.

I bought it on launch day and I am still playing the game. I love this game, it reminds me of Super mario Galaxy which is one of my favourite 3d mario games of all time. I don´t plan on beating it in a few hours, I love playing it and finding all its secrets, the moons are really scattered and sometimes it is really hard to get them but once you get them you really you get really satisfied.

I've been taking my sweet time since launch day, playing just a little bit a day. The only days I could think of when I did binge were on my travel days. All that time on an airplane really helps you get farther into it.
All the exploration and hidden moons; the fun platforming challenges, the neat 8-bit sections, every aspect of this game feels incredibly polished with an unparalled care to detail. I haven't even played a Mario game like this, no other franchise comes close to the pure elation I felt while playing this game.

I literally just obtained this game, and I can for sure say from experience that this game has it ALL!! I currently have around 100 Moons, and I feel like I have been PULLED into this game... Please send help, I think I'm obsessed, lol!

Great game, no doubt.

But it doesn't beat Super Mario 64.

My GOD. This game was insane. I took the last 4-5 days to play the main story, and played non-stop. It was soooo good, I definitely justified my Switch purchase with this game alone.

Buuuut I had some issues:
  • Frame drops in TV mode. (I'm sure an update would fix this.)
  • Capture abilities didn't feel incredibly fleshed out. (But they were mostly all really good fun to use, so not too much of a complaint.)
  • Cappy sometimes wouldn't move where you thought you threw him, I'm sure this could be fixed in a little update.
I'm gonna go for 100% on this game. Probably gonna nolife it again soon.

Hmm, yes ive heard about certain switch games having reduced frame rates on tv/ docked (whatever its called, sorry if i got word wrong), but since i played with it portable i dont recall having this problem.

On subject of the game though, this is probably one of my notable favorites since mario galaxy games, beautiful graphics and i like the capture system that lets us control enemies, its a great new way to get creative as far as in game techniques go
using a gliding guy (i forget the name sorry) and bouncing off something like a goomba tower can let you fly farther due to extra height you get from bouncing off stuff, this is just a example but there might be more ways to improve this
. The only part i remember dying much at though was towards the end of the story, luckily id already stocked on coins and managed to beat it though

We got it "for the kids" for Christmas , my 5 year-old played it as much as he was able and completed the main story in just under a week, with a bit of help from 3 year old brother and me with some of the bosses and slightly trickier bits.
It really is a great game.
The boys are only allowed to play on docked mode at the moment to keep the Switch safe. Although frame rate etc is not something I really notice to be a problem.

Reactions: Kadaj
Odyssey is pretty good, but I'm really excited to see how they will top this game in the future.

Back