UNDERTALE for Wii U?

• Thread starter Samuel_1802
  • Start date
Samuel_1802

Samuel_1802

Nintendo Mobile Game Junkie
Towns Folk
Some of you may remember it or perhaps none of you do, but a few months back it was rumored that UNDERTALE (yes the name is in all caps, even Toby Fox types it like that :p) could be ported to the Wii U. Toby himself said that it'd be interesting seeing the game on a console, but confirmed that so far there aren't any solid plans on doing so and that the game would need to be coded from scratch (in fact, he said that the porting wouldn't be up to him but to a team that knows Wii U coding and that the task itself is beyond himself). So, so far it's a big mystery! :p

Would you like to see UNDERTALE on Wii U? If you already own the game on PC, would you download it again?

I think it would be interesting to have it on Wii U. Nintendo has started putting many PC games on Wii U. Like Freedom Planet, Super Meat Boy, and many others.

So if they were to add UNDERTALE I would understand why. After all the game is very (and I mean VERY) popular. They would be adding a great game to the Wii U.

I think they should add it to the Wii U if they can. :)

I wish.

I heard the developers who ported Guacamelee volunteered to port UNDERTALE.

First of all, don't care if they do. I can literally run Undertale on any computer and I already own it.

Second, I use my Mayflash adapter to play UNDERTALE with a Gamecube controller, so buying the Wii U version for a better control scheme isn't an excuse for me.

I won't judge, though, if you don't have any access to a laptop, computer, phone (I heard you could play it on one) or own just consoles, and are very interested.

Pretty cool stuff, all in all. Hope it goes through, it's a game that belongs on a Nintendo console. Just not very interested.

that would be amazing there could be more easter eggs, he could add other charicters add a discount if you already own undertale for pc.

I think it'd be great on the Wii U, but what would the gamepad be for? And by that, I mean the little screen on it. What would it show? I mean, I understand that if you wanted to play it Mobile-ly then that'd be perfect, but what would it show when you're playing it on the Television?

Eh. I'm a big fan but If I bought "the wii u version" I would be slammed into the ground with hate

While I would love to see this modern classic on the WiiU or even the Switch, I am no longer such a big fan of the game. It tends to get a bad rep among a good deal of the gaming world, as UNDERTALE is perhaps most famous for having a community that turned toxic, and extremely so, in record time. It is coming to PS4, however...two years late...:dead:

Its honestly not gonna happen. Now that the wii u is 'dead', a popular indie game like undertale most likely wont be ported to a system that doesn't even have any more of it being made. I feel that even if it were ported, sales wouldn't be too great, because of the wii u's sales. Most people have a pc anyways, and undertale doesn't require your pc to have good specs.

Not to the Wii U. Hopefully it will get to the Switch.

best-gif.17715

In more modern news, the switch is getting it, eventually. The wii u wasn’t much of a option because it was incompatible with game maker. Nintendo switch has that compatibility. I look forward to seeing how they do the keyboard and game shutting down segments.

Reactions: Duffy
In more modern news, the switch is getting it, eventually. The wii u wasn’t much of a option because it was incompatible with game maker. Nintendo switch has that compatibility. I look forward to seeing how they do the keyboard and game shutting down segments.
I hope the game get's a physical switch release. Maybe limited run games will do it. I'd double dip for a physical release (and maybe actually finish it this time. I didn't finish the steam version).

I would definitely get a physical release, in one way or another. Love the potential for awesome box art but it might be hard without spoilers.

Sure, why not? We have Undertale on basically every other system in existence, so why not let the Wii U join in the fun? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Why does everyone feel that when a game is a gem, they just have to shove it out on every platform in the world? It just ruins the flow of the game, and it’s natural charm.

If they did it, it would just be for more money. ._.

Well at least it's on the Switch now, along with Deltarune

I guess someone can lock this now, idk

Wait, what if someone gets a homebrew port?

It's wild that we expected undertale on wii u and now it's been on switch for quite a while huh. Though I could see a hacked port of undertale being possible on a homebrew Wii U I don't really think it's a good idea.

Back