What do you want to see in Shin Megami Tensei 5?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm very excited for Shin Megami Tensei 5 after finding out it's coming to the Nintendo Switch and watching its teaser trailers. I've come up with a list of some basic things I'd like to see in the game.
  • A guidance system similar to Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. It could really help people who don't know what to do or picked up the game after weeks/months of not playing (to be lost when playing again).
  • More demons than previous games without handing out extras via something like Spotpass.
  • Free DLC if possible :]
  • Live attacks like (or better) in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It's going to be on the big screen so I'm expecting this.
  • Enemies on the screen so you can try to avoid random enemy encounters. This was already possible in SMT IV, so I have high hopes it'll be possible in SMT V as well.
There might be more to my list but those are just what I could think of for now.

What's your list?

Funny you mention 3D battles. I happen to like sprites and most reviewers I've come across didn't like IV and Apocalypse's sprite-based battles, as if it's a bad thing in modern times. I agree though - 3D battles like Nocturne would be great given the Switch's capabilities.
I'd also like to see the rarer demons - the ones who've only appeared in a couple of games. And maybe new demons from other mythologies too? Deities, figures and creatures from Southeast Asia, for example.

Reactions: Marc
From the content I've seen in those games I'd like to see this:
  • Negotiating with bosses (which also determines the endings)
  • A pacifist route (which also determines the ending) to add a new feature
  • PvP online features even if it does cost money to get to
  • More DLC with references to other games
  • Any reference to the Devil Survivor series
  • A choice between 2D or 3D battles although I prefer 2D
  • Minotaur but only include the smirk system when you play against him

Back