Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux Coming May 15th

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux finally has a release date :D

It's supposed to available for the Nintendo 3DS on May 15th, 2018. The game will have additional story content from its Strange Journey DS game, a new character by the name of Alex and new illustrations.
Atlus said:
  • A Stranger Journey Back - In Strange Journey Redux, you play as a brave United Nations soldier investigating a spatial anomaly called the Schwarzwelt--a dome of dark energy that threatens to consume the world. Inside, you'll find it home to a nightmare mirror of our own Earth, populated with demons dying to meet you. The game touts brand-new illustrations by Masayuki Doi, updated visuals, UI tweaks, and more to make this journey back into the Schwarzwelt ... even stranger.
  • Additional Story Content and a Brand-new Character - You won't be retreading the same nightmarish path as before because a brand-new character named Alex will play a major role in how the story unfolds. Much about her is a mystery, but there is one thing you know for sure: she's got a bone to pick with you. Joining her are new demons you might recognize from other SMT entries, new endings, and a new dungeon to discover.
Anyone planning to pick this game up?

Reactions: Theresia and Dark Link
I don't know if it will be a day one purchase, but I'll definitely get it.

Reactions: Duffy
Did you play and finish the original DS version?

Same
Did you play and finish the original DS version?
I know you weren’t asking me, but since I plan on buying the game I will elaborate. I played the original ds game, but never got far. I did find it interesting, and pretty fun. I still have my limited edition copy! Somewhere...

Reactions: Marc
@Marc: Sure, I played it twice, getting both Chaos and Law endings; it was my first main - not canonically, but, come on, it's more SMT than IV and IVA IMO - Shin Megami Tensei game and absolutely loved it.
I should have returned to it for a third playthrough to get all the trophies you get in-game and to do all the side-quests I ignored, but I think I'll do it on Redux since the QOL improvement will likely fasten it.

Reactions: Marc
I've been on an SMT spree lately, so I'm very hyped for SJR. I'll probably pick it up with Apocalypse once I'm done with IV (which I haven't even bought off the shop yet woops).

Reactions: Duffy
Woah, a third party is still making games for the 3ds. I wonder if any others are still doing that.

Got the game two days ago, anyone else playing it?

I reached the fourth dungeon, i like how you can advance either the original dungeons or the womb of grief so that I dont have to grind in the same spot, wich can get tedius

I am playing in the highest difficulty by the way, at first it was easy to die but now things are more manageable since i have varied demons

Back