Not really good news for monster hunter fans!

• Thread starter EstebanTill2
  • Start date
EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Monster hunter world has launched and many switch owners are still wondering whether we will be able to play this game or not. Even capcom, the developer of the game, has stated some times the reasons why this games hasn´t landed on the nintendo switch.
Recent declarations from capcom state an even darker future for fans of this franchise who want to get their hands on this new entry. They say it is difficult to put out monster hunter world for nintendo switch at this time and they continue, they suggest getting monster hunter XX.

So here is what I want to talk about....do you think capcom should put the most of it in launching the game on switch? How do you feel about not having this game on switch?

In my personal case, I completely regret this choice from capcom because I like the franchise very much and when I played the beta I felt there was something missing, and you can guess what it was, it was the fact of playing it on a nintendo system. Ok guys, I know what many of you might think, my declaration could be interpreted as fan biased but it is not. I do hope capcom puts the most in trying to launch monster hunter world for nitnendo switch.

Source
https://stevivor.com/news/monster-hunter-world-switch-difficult-says-capcom/

I Love Monster Hunter. I decided to pick up 4U on 3ds after playing the demo and loving it. It is one of my favorite 3ds games, and my activity log once told me I spent over 400 hours on it. I recently have picked it up again after not playing it for a year or so and am loving it all over again. I also bought Generations, and loved it.

I can easily see why World couldn't work on Switch, and I don't think Capcom should port it to Switch. Don't get me wrong, I'd love that, and if we were living in a perfect world that's what would happen. But the world sadly isn't perfect. Personally I'm fine playing 4U again. It may not have as nice of graphics, and cool new gimmicks, but it has way more monsters, G Ranked monsters, and a lot more monster variety. It has a farting gorilla, a freezing jabba the hutt shark, a giant spider, a rubber poison turkey, really cool dragons, an angry somersaulting bull creature, giant pickle, and an angry pinecone. World just had dragons and a poofy bat.

I don't think I'll get XX on switch just because it's not translated, and buying it off of the Japanese eshop would be a pain. It would be nice if they'd localise it, and if they did I would probably buy it, but the way it is now I'll stick with Generations and 4U and will enjoy every minute of it.

Wow 400 hours!!! You really got into the game! I also own 4U and as you said, it has a wide variety of monsters and good stuff that won´t let you down, and speaking of graphics, well I think we have to be realistic in the sense of not comparing the hardware of a portable device (3ds) to that of a home console (ps4, pc, xbox one). I haven´t picked up generations and I won´t probably do because I saw that pretty similar to 4U (I can be wrong on this, please don´t jump over me saying Oh you can´t say that, you don´t know anything about) so it didn´t really catch my attention.

Generations was very similar to 4U. They added some new monsters and the new Hunter Arts and Hunter Styles, but they didn't really change the gameplay very much. Which is totally okay with me since I loved the gameplay already and more of the same was totally great.

Also 400 hours really isn't that much compared to some people. I've know people with over a thousand hours. I don't know how that's even possible. Even with 400 hours, I never beat all of the single player quests, never became Gold G Crown or did all of the ancient text, and I didn't even get a bunch of the cool DLC costumes. Hopefully I'll fix that this time around. :D

Reactions: EstebanTill2
I wouldn't even be annoyed if they had given XX an english release. Nintendo fans are used to that style of Monster Hunter, so I think it would do well.
I've put 200 hours into 4U, but XX is a far bigger game, with the sheer monster size, with 93 large monsters (compared to 4U which had around 79)

I think releasing Generations while XX was in development was a mistake; they should've done what they did with 4U and ONLY released the expansion here.

Portability works very well with Monster Hunter, and I think the Switch would carry that on well.

Back