why did original splatoon support drop so fast ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i have only played splatoon 2 but i heard that support for the wii u release dropped after one year as far as releasing online splatfests and new weapons/other additional content goes, and wondered why this was if what i heard is true. the switch version is pretty fun and addicting and i imagine fans enjoyed the wii u version who bought it, so i am surprised to see they stopped releasing new content for the original given as much as i enjoyed splatoon 2 so quickly. tbh though i felt they stopped overall wii u support rather quickly which suprised me and i still am confused about, there were some great games for the system. but back on topic, can anyone explain this to me ? hopefully this wont happen for splatoon 2 on the switch

It was on the Wii U nuff said

Reactions: Mikaya and Duffy
They most likely stopped it so they could add things to the second one. They saw the Wii U wasn't going to hit the highs they wanted so they most likely moved stuff to two for the Switch. It sucked for the ones who bought the Wii U, but I feel like it was the right choice cause in the end Splatoon 2 has a lot of great things.

Reactions: Kadaj, Mikaya and Duffy
I have Splatoon for the Wii U and I never have had to contact support for anything on the game so I did not experience the support. Why did they drop so fast? Probably because they knew about the new game already for the Switch and they wanted to focus on that. I say they should still keep a focus on the Wii U Splatoon game for those that still play it.

The splatfests started pretty late in the Wii U’s lifespan, but im glad they made the last splatfest affect the plot in Splatoon 2. Splatoon was a smaller game in general to its sequel and it was a good thing people were still willing to support it for its good gameplay.

Reactions: Kadaj
The splatfests started pretty late in the Wii U’s lifespan, but im glad they made the last splatfest affect the plot in Splatoon 2. Splatoon was a smaller game in general to its sequel and it was a good thing people were still willing to support it for its good gameplay.
hmm, didnt realize that, thanks. i chose not to get the wii u release though due to planning to get a switch instead, i thought it would be better to get splatoon 2 since i knew there would be new splatfests and a lot more to do, plus it would be cool to play anywhere when i need to be out and wanna take a break which is a nice luxury in my opinion :p

Back