What are you expecting and hoping to see for Nintendo at E3 2018?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've been hearing a lot more about E3 since we're getting deeper within the year and we were already hinted at some of the things to expect.

In an email, Nintendo shared sneak peek of what to expect at E3 2018 :
  • Super Smash Bros. for Switch - people will get to play the game.
  • Splatoon 2 World Championship 2018 - this doesn't really interest me :meh:
I'm not sure if everyone who attend will be able to try out Smash Switch. In the email, it specifically said "invitational tournament" so most likely everyone will have to watch the "chosen ones" play ;-;

The Splat2 tournament might be open to the best players who climb their way to the top.

What are you expecting and hoping to see at this year's E3?

Personally I wanna see pokemon switch and fire emblem switch. I think it’s unlikely we see pokemon switch at all though, as there been no signs it is near completion. I’m cautiously optimistic about fire emblem though...

3 words. Animal Crossing Switch (>.<)/

Reactions: Duffy
  • Pokemon switch (Come on Ninty, plssss make it happen!!!)
  • Fornite (I'm not a massive fan, but it's still a game I would play every now and again with my brother who has a PS4, Plus it's free, so no complaints from me, lol)
  • Donkey Kong (completely new title, not a port, Tropical freeze was challenging so something around that level)
  • Yu-gi-oh? Probably a bit of a long shot but I think a 3d-ish/RPG style would work really well on a battlefield whilst dueling or roaming areas, Plus full customization of the main character. A step up from the GBA/DS games.
  • Final Fantasy Tactics - I'm weird because I didn't get into the main series but I loved both the tactics games for GBA and DS respectively. Having a new title from the spin-off series would be absolutely amazing!
  • Splatoon 3 anyone? :p

Reactions: 28142
  • Yu-gi-oh? Probably a bit of a long shot but I think a 3d-ish/RPG style would work really well on a battlefield whilst dueling or roaming areas, Plus full customization of the main character. A step up from the GBA/DS games.

I've never really played a VG for yu-gi-oh, I've only ever played the card game really. But that pitch sounds awesome, I'd 100% play that.

Reactions: Mikaya
I know it probably ain't happening, but I'd really like to see a full-scale Chibi-Robo game announced again. I've been playing through Park Patrol for a bit today and I miss the main series even more now. :(

We will get some character announcements for smash switch so the people in the tourney can actually play it. Some new mode will be announced. Maybe they will suprise us with a close release date. More details on mario kart club. Pokemon switch trailer, explination on changes to the formula, and release date. Alot of new games. A trailer annowncing when the mario tennis pre launch tourney will be, as well as the dark souls thing. A demo for either doom or Wolfenstein 2 probably. New games at least 3 from Nintendo. New labo kits. At least one amiibo.

I'm expecting to see Yoshi, Smash and Fire Emblem for sure. A date for the Splatoon 2 dlc. Quick looks at Mario Tennis Aces, Captain Toad and Octopath. Maybe Pokemon if it does make it for this year. I'm sure we will have some "3rd party bombs" of old ports. I'm also very curious to what Retro is doing. Pretty safe guesses from me. lol

Besides from Smash, I hope to see at least one of these: Pokemon, Fire Emblem (even though not as the others), Animal Crossing (I want to try the series, I played only Pocket Camp), Pikmin (but not like Hey! Pikmin), F-Zero (unlikely), good Nindies, Super Mario Maker, a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Yoshi 2018 (very likely), and a new IP.
I'm not expecting too much, I know that there's no chance for everything to happen, but some of them would be cool.

Back