Who is your favorite Dark Link?

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
So who is your favorite version of dark link?Mine would be Ocarina of Time, The way you encounter him is awesome with the water floor and the tree in the middle of the room, and I feel he is the most challenging Dark Link out of them all, the original dark link is tough because of how bad the controls are on Adventure of Link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaynil
(Yes I would say I am the best Dark Link)
Yes I would agree that Dark Link in Ocarina of Time is the best. You walk into a nice and quiet room that looks peaceful but then Dark Link appears and then your fighting your opposite in a battle, where he mimics your moves. But besides that he is the best in the Zelda series. My 2nd choice would be Breath of the Wild, you may not battle as him but even better you get to play as him! Many fans including me were surprised and exited about this unlockable. I also agree in the Adventures of Link the battle with him is hard but it's easy if you get the hang of it. But in the end if your looking for a good and original fight with Dark Link then I'd go play Ocarina of Time.

Id disagree since i havnt played Ocarina of time but id have to say Dark Link in Tri force heroes is most difficult since they use the same tools as u but upgraded and u fight 3 of them. i still havnt got past them -.-.

Reactions: Dark Link
Dark link oot
Or
Dark link(super smash bros melee)

Reactions: Dark Link
The only one that I've really known well was the one from Ocarina of Time. I think I remember the times of my first time fighting him. Mostly was something like: Ok this Water Temple is already soooooo annoying what is this now!? I think I grew tired of effectively waiting to land hits that I just spammed a bunch of sword -> bow -> hookshot successions and it worked somehow :p

There aren't many to choose from, but the Dark Link miniboss in Ocarina of Time is one of my favourite fights in the entire game. I think it's a very well designed fight - Dark Link's opacity and aggressiveness increasing the less health he has, him copying your moves, and his maximum health depending on how many Heart Containers you have are nice details that I think really add to the encounter. There are multiple ways to tackle the miniboss too - you can cheese him with Din's Fire, outrange him with Biggoron's Sword, break through his guard with the Megaton Hammer, use Deku Nuts for stuns, or just use the Master Sword for a proper duel. Fight him with many hearts and you'll get an extended duel, but try it in a 3-heart challenge and you get a shorter, more intense battle. I like miniboss and boss battles where the player can be creative and use different strategies, instead of relying on a specific item or tactic to win. The Dark Link duel is fantastic in that regard in my opinion, and remains one of my favourite minibosses to this day.

The one in spirit tracks. It’s much more unexpected than in probably any other game. I for a long time didn’t know it existed, but it’s a pretty good fight.

I had a hard time with The Dark Links in the legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes. First thing they curse you when they hit you with their swords disabling yours and your magic. Second they have upgraded gear like bows grip shot boomerang and it just sucks because if you're playing solo then good luck on winning against the Dark Link. They pose a threat regardless of the outfits you use that's why I love them slash hate them so much but in the end defeating them was worth it.

Definitely the Ocarina of Time one for me! :D

He was difficult at first, but awesome! I lied how he moved almost exactly how you moved! They should have used him more imo, lol

OoT. It's a really fun and well designed fight as it's been mentioned before, and the coolness factor is pretty high, too. Finding your shadow behind you on a mysterious room with an island...

Back