I will wake you up
with my beautiful face!
So wait a moment,
I have to go to your place!

First find me.
I'm in a whole another land
Hide and seek.
I live near the sand.

A scavenger hunt would also be cool. Hide various Halloween icons in various pages (including the blog) and whoever found em first would get a point. I've seen it on other forums and it worked well.

Heh, I actually recently hosted one of those on this forum :p

Reactions: Chief
A scavenger hunt it is then, :angelic:

Reactions: Reece
Reactions: Chief
I forgot to ask... What I do with my drawings?

My idea:

Every 4 days, there will be events where people can earn points, depending on their rankings in these events.
Example:
  • 1st place earns 10 points.
  • 2nd place earns 6 points.
  • 3rd place earns 3 points.
1st event: Create a thread.
Participants will have to create a thread about anything they want and submit it to Marc. On October 31st, the threads will be judged depending on the number of replies they, and assigned a ranking as stated above.

2nd event: A poetry contest.
Participants will have 4 days to submit a poem that will be judged, and assigned a ranking as stated above.

3rd event: An arcade contest.
Marc will select an arcade game on the internet (preferably registration-free). All participants will play the game, and rankings will be assigned depending on their score. You will have to take screenshots of your scores.

4th event: Scavenger hunt v2.
Participants will have to find a movie. Hints will be released everyday, and on the 4th day participants will have to PM their answer to Marc. All winners get 10 points in this one.

5th event: A hangman game.
Marc will choose a word/phrase, and a hint. Players will then be assigned a score depending on their involvement in the game.

Example:
Word:
Skill Link, Hint: Pokemon Ability.
----- ----

Memento Mori suggests letter E. Epic Fail. -1 point.
----- ----

HuggableEevee suggests letter S. +1 point for getting 1 letter right.
S---- ----

Dilawer suggests letter L. + 3 points for getting 3 letters right.
S--ll L---

Memento Mori suggests letter A. Epic Fail. -1 point.
S--ll L---

HuggableEevee guesses Skill Link. We have a winner. +5 points (5 letters left).

Results:
1st - HuggableEevee with 6 points
2nd - Dilawer with 3 points
3rd - Memento Mori with -2 points

Then, on October 31st, all the points earned in the different events will be added up, with the highest score being the winner.

Reactions: ErixSan
Yeesh, this seems difficult as hell where's the fiction contest oh my goodness Would writing a song (lyrics, I mean) be counted as a poem?

My idea:

Every 4 days, there will be events where people can earn points, depending on their rankings in these events.
Example:
  • 1st place earns 10 points.
  • 2nd place earns 6 points.
  • 3rd place earns 3 points.
1st event: Create a thread.
Participants will have to create a thread about anything they want and submit it to Marc. On October 31st, the threads will be judged depending on the number of replies they, and assigned a ranking as stated above.

2nd event: A poetry contest.
Participants will have 4 days to submit a poem that will be judged, and assigned a ranking as stated above.

3rd event: An arcade contest.
Marc will select an arcade game on the internet (preferably registration-free). All participants will play the game, and rankings will be assigned depending on their score. You will have to take screenshots of your scores.

4th event: Scavenger hunt v2.
Participants will have to find a movie. Hints will be released everyday, and on the 4th day participants will have to PM their answer to Marc. All winners get 10 points in this one.

5th event: A hangman game.
Marc will choose a word/phrase, and a hint. Players will then be assigned a score depending on their involvement in the game.

Example:
Word:
Skill Link, Hint: Pokemon Ability.
----- ----

Memento Mori suggests letter E. Epic Fail. -1 point.
----- ----

HuggableEevee suggests letter S. +1 point for getting 1 letter right.
S---- ----

Dilawer suggests letter L. + 3 points for getting 3 letters right.
S--ll L---

Memento Mori suggests letter A. Epic Fail. -1 point.
S--ll L---

HuggableEevee guesses Skill Link. We have a winner. +5 points (5 letters left).

Results:
1st - HuggableEevee with 6 points
2nd - Dilawer with 3 points
3rd - Memento Mori with -2 points

Then, on October 31st, all the points earned in the different events will be added up, with the highest score being the winner.

Love this idea!

I'll do Memento Mori's contest at a later date. I have a feeling that the times aren't going to work out as expected because of school, homework, and Pokemon X/Y, :sneaky:

I think the scavenger hunt might work out well because its rules are simple and everyone can participate. If everyone agrees, please let me know. I want to begin this on October 10th, 2013.

I'll do Memento Mori's contest at a later date. I have a feeling that the times aren't going to work out as expected because of school, homework, and Pokemon X/Y, :sneaky:

I think the scavenger hunt might work out well because its rules are simple and everyone can participate. If everyone agrees, please let me know. I want to begin this on October 10th, 2013.
Meh I guess it's ok. >.<

:meh: It's okay

XD

Yeah its simple and I bet the lucky people who pre-ordered Pokemon X/Y will be out of commission for a while, I'm all for the scavenger hunt also.

Marc, for the scavenger hunt, include pages on the blog as well to promote the main site. It'd also give more freedom and locations to place the spoils of the hunt. :3

Marc, for the scavenger hunt, include pages on the blog as well to promote the main site. It'd also give more freedom and locations to place the spoils of the hunt. :3
What blog?

the one on the main page?
That's the one. 3DS Pedia is made up of two parts. The forum and the blog. Both have separate staff, but come together to make up the entire site. It wouldn't hurt to incorporate them together from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back