100%-ing?

• Thread starter NOKK
  • Start date
NOKK

NOKK

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Well, I apologize for the vague title, but I can throw what I’m asking down here. How many of you have ever completed a full Zelda game, start to finish, completing all side quests, heart pieces, skulltulas and other collectible commodities? And, if so, what game was it and what was your total play time? Let me know down there and I’ll be sure to read through and respond, seeing how many of you are dedicated Zelda players ;)

I guess I'm not as dedicated a Zelda player... I've never 100%ed a Zelda game. Me and my brother did get pretty far in Twilight Princess during the early Wii days. Although I'm interested to see how long it would take.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

This was the game that got me introduced into the Zelda franchise. Before I didn't think much about it, but then I saw the trailer for it on the 3DS and I wanted to give it a try. I actually almost gave it back the day I bought it because it creeped me out a lot, but I decided to keep it anyway and play it 'till the end.

Let me tell you, the reward for beating that game at 100% is awesome! It's definitely worth doing that. I don't think they keep a record of your play time, but I believe it took me about 2 weeks to finish it.

In fact, it's a game that isn't too hard to 100%. I even restarted my save and did the exact opposite; beat the game starting from stone tower and end at the swamp with only 3 hearts and a Kokiri sword, two bottles, and only masks necessary to progress the story. That was a cool challenge.

Reactions: Duffy
@3dsCollector based on my knowledge (not 100% accurate but I’ve been playing Zelda for about 8 years now), TP was around 48 hours of gameplay without the side quests. One of the longer games, but I loved it all the more

@3dsCollector based on my knowledge (not 100% accurate but I’ve been playing Zelda for about 8 years now), TP was around 48 hours of gameplay without the side quests. One of the longer games, but I loved it all the more
Ah that makes sense. There was definitely a lot to do and it didn't help it was our first Zelda game. At some point I'll go back to it.

I do know for sure that I did finish A Link to The Past and A Link Between Worlds 100%. As for Ocarina of Time, I've still got the rest of the Skulltulas to find, which I never did end up finding anytime now. I guess it might be because ALttP and ALBW might've been quite easier for me when it comes to such tedious collectables and such, though it's usually until after I've beaten the game at least once when I do start finishing the game 100%, since I like to enjoy the adventure

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

This was the game that got me introduced into the Zelda franchise. Before I didn't think much about it, but then I saw the trailer for it on the 3DS and I wanted to give it a try. I actually almost gave it back the day I bought it because it creeped me out a lot, but I decided to keep it anyway and play it 'till the end.

Let me tell you, the reward for beating that game at 100% is awesome! It's definitely worth doing that. I don't think they keep a record of your play time, but I believe it took me about 2 weeks to finish it.

In fact, it's a game that isn't too hard to 100%. I even restarted my save and did the exact opposite; beat the game starting from stone tower and end at the swamp with only 3 hearts and a Kokiri sword, two bottles, and only masks necessary to progress the story. That was a cool challenge.
I for one loved Majora’s Mask so much. The N64 version was the best to me; it wasn’t as censored and the graphics quality made it even scarier, whereas the 3DS one is brightened up. As for @3dsCollector def hop back on TP! I loved it so much, probs my favorite next to Majora’s Mask! You won’t regret it, I assure you. The best part to me was the Arbiter’s Grounds, I loved how dark it was!

A lot of Zelda games have prerequisites for 100% completion that quite frankly are ridiculous, giving you either no reward or does but it becomes useless or not worth it by the time you've gotten it. Get all 900 Korok seeds in BotW? Enjoy your golden poop. Spend an entire side quest and a lot of rupees in TP that allows you to buy the Magic Armor? You'd be lucky to have any rupees left afterwards to even use the darn thing. How about getting all the Golden Skulltulas in OOT, thus reversing the family curse? Your reward is 200 Rupees every time you visit, which by that point is fairly useless since you'll have pretty much gotten everything you will need through spending your hard earned rupees.

I don't think I've ever properly done 100% in any of the Zelda games, but I'd most likely start trying to do that in Majora's Mask. I believe the furthest I've ever pushed it in a Zelda game is in BotW where I completed all the shrines for the Wild armor set as well as most of the sidequests.

I do know for sure that I did finish A Link to The Past and A Link Between Worlds 100%. As for Ocarina of Time, I've still got the rest of the Skulltulas to find, which I never did end up finding anytime now. I guess it might be because ALttP and ALBW might've been quite easier for me when it comes to such tedious collectables and such, though it's usually until after I've beaten the game at least once when I do start finishing the game 100%, since I like to enjoy the adventure
Skulltulas were a real pain >.< not the most enjoyable, switching between child and adult multiple times

A lot of Zelda games have prerequisites for 100% completion that quite frankly are ridiculous, giving you either no reward or does but it becomes useless or not worth it by the time you've gotten it. Get all 900 Korok seeds in BotW? Enjoy your golden poop. Spend an entire side quest and a lot of rupees in TP that allows you to buy the Magic Armor? You'd be lucky to have any rupees left afterwards to even use the darn thing. How about getting all the Golden Skulltulas in OOT, thus reversing the family curse? Your reward is 200 Rupees every time you visit, which by that point is fairly useless since you'll have pretty much gotten everything you will need through spending your hard earned rupees.

I don't think I've ever properly done 100% in any of the Zelda games, but I'd most likely start trying to do that in Majora's Mask. I believe the furthest I've ever pushed it in a Zelda game is in BotW where I completed all the shrines for the Wild armor set as well as most of the sidequests.
Majora’s Mask might have been my first 100%, and I personally didn’t find getting the Magic Armor that bad. I remember using it in the Cave of Ordeals because it drains Rupees like a beast, but saves your health. Majora’s Mask was actually a fairly enjoyable 100%, but I refused to use the Diety Mask because it kind of... ruined the end by just making it a mashing of the B button.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 100% three LOZ games. The original Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX, and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D.

Not in that order but I did 100% all 3 of them. I don't know the total play time for any of the games. My favorite one to 100% was definitely Majora's Mask 3D. It was such a great game and I would go back and play it but I'd rather play Breath of the Wild

I've beaten 5 LOZ games. Those 3 I completed and Wind Waker HD and Breath of the Wild

These are also the only Legend of Zelda games I have played

Oh, heck yeah! This is a question I'd love to answer. :sneaky:

Majora's Mask was the first and only Zelda game I 100%. Got every single mask, every Heart Piece, and everything in between. I was so addicted to the game when I first got it, so it really was a joy to fully complete. :p

Back