2DS to N2DS Data Transfer Question

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
I'm thinking about buying a New Nintendo 2ds xL (I have a regular 2ds right now), but I have a question about how to transfer game progress.
I have a sd card in my old system, and all of my games are physical copies. If you know how it works, pls tell me, and thanks! :3

Well I suppose it's like 3ds go to system setting and tap system transfer for both your new 2ds xl should be set to target and you will need internet to do it

Reactions: Gamer4647 and Mikaya
I transferred from a 2DS to a New 3DS last year so I know the process (will probably be the same for New 2DS.
You need the two systems to connect locally in the settings. Go to Settings -> Other Settings -> System Transfer -> 3DS Family -> Choose which system is the source and which is the receiver -> Confirm -> Delete micro SD card on the receiver system -> Select if you have / haven't used any other micro SD card on the receiver -> Select yes on the source system -> Here, you can choose if you want to transfer it by PC, Low capacity micro SD or a wireless transfer. I suggest wireless if you have a strong internet connection. I think in that part you choose what you transfer and then you see Pikmins transfer them (literally). If I said something wrong then fix me, I'm not 100 % sure about the last part. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14169

Reactions: Gamer4647 and Mizunil
I transferred from a 2DS to a New 3DS last year so I know the process (will probably be the same for New 2DS.
You need the two systems to connect locally in the settings. Go to Settings -> Other Settings -> System Transfer -> 3DS Family -> Choose which system is the source and which is the receiver -> Confirm -> Delete micro SD card on the receiver system -> Select if you have / haven't used any other micro SD card on the receiver -> Select yes on the source system -> Here, you can choose if you want to transfer it by PC, Low capacity micro SD or a wireless transfer. I suggest wireless if you have a strong internet connection. I think in that part you choose what you transfer and then you see Pikmins transfer them (literally). If I said something wrong then fix me, I'm not 100 % sure about the last part. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14169
Thanks! This really helps a lot :3

Yeah, it's the same transfer process as it is for 3DS to New 3DS. That also means it's one way, so your 2DS will basically be useless after this... unless you have plans for homebrew.

Back