3DS pedia reacts to: The ign top 25 3ds games!

• Thread starter BlazingPhoenix
  • Start date
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
So I want to hear some reactions about the top 25 ign games. There has been a lot of debate and personaly i am curious to what each induvidual member thinks about the list. I have posted it at the very bottom of this post, so you should check it out first before reading my reaction. Phoenix's reaction: Why is kid icarus not on this list despite getting a 40/40 review from famitasu(should be #4)? Why is Tri force heros on this list, despite being called the worst zelda game behind zelda 2? How is pokemon x and y number 5 after being called one of the worst games in the series? Are you seriously telling me that Monster hunter 4 ultimate is only #15? Virtues last reward is an amazing game where many people will agree with me to say it deserves the top ten MINIMUM. Not a single P Layton game either. And too the games i named, are people telling me those games are worse than YOKAI FLIPPING WATCH.

25: Yokai Watch
24: Star Fox 64 3D
23: Shin Megami Tensei IV
22: The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes
21: Resident Evil Revelations
20: Fantasy Life
19: Steamworld Heist
18: Pushmo
17: Boxboy
16: Steamworld Dig
15: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
14: Bravely Default
13: New Super Mario Bros. 2
12: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
11: Mario Golf: World Tour
10: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
9: Mario Kart 7
8: Shovel Knight
7: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
6: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
5: Pokemon X & Y
4: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3: Super Mario 3D Land
2: Fire Emblem: Awakening
1: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I haven't played all of these games, but indeed, I'd put MH4U a lot higher. I tried OoT and MM and got bored, but I played more than 600 hours on MH4U so it's before both OoT and MM in my list. Then, before or after SSB and XY, I don't know, but not freaking #15.
And actually, same for Fantasy Life. I didn't speend 600 hours on it, but I played it a lot more than OoT and MM.

But you know, tastes are subjective so of course people will disagree with this list. I mean, I said there are games I didn't even try, but that's because I don't like the genre. That's why any Fire Emblem game would get insta-banned from my lists... but it doesn't (necessarily) mean it's a bad game, just that it's not for me.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
I haven't played all of these games, but indeed, I'd put MH4U a lot higher. I tried OoT and MM and got bored, but I played more than 600 hours on MH4U so it's before both OoT and MM in my list. Then, before or after SSB and XY, I don't know, but not freaking #15.
And actually, same for Fantasy Life. I didn't speend 600 hours on it, but I played it a lot more than OoT and MM.

But you know, tastes are subjective so of course people will disagree with this list. I mean, I said there are games I didn't even try, but that's because I don't like the genre. That's why any Fire Emblem game would get insta-banned from my lists... but it doesn't (necessarily) mean it's a bad game, just that it's not for me.
huh, i dont tend to have that genre problem, although i do prefer either zelda like or rpg games

I don't see how some of these can be so low on the list . Like Animal crossing new leaf , that game pretty much sold 3ds cause people wanted the game . They even had a count down plus the showing of an animal crossing live stream of the animal cross movie. So it surprises me that when even be that low on the list and it's hard to believe that something like box boy would beat out SMT 4 , yo-kai watch and fantasy life .

Ign did good on the bottom part of the list but WHY IS MARIO GOLF IN THERE. I also don't understand why Box boy is over Yo-kai Watch, Star Fox 64 3D and The Legend of Zelda Tri-force Heroes. I also feel The Legend of Zelda Tri-force Heroes should be higher. It's the only Zelda game I like

Reactions: randysilverwolf
Why is Triforce Heroes so low?
Also Bump

Wow, IGN had an idiot on board.

How the hell is ALBW supposed to rank higher than both OoT3D and MM3D?

Where is Kid Icarus Uprising? Unarguably one of the killer apps for the 3DS.

How do Pushmo, Boxboy and Steamworld Heist rank higher than the likes of Shin Megami Tensei IV?

Ehhh... I'll just stick to watching footage and judging the games myself, thank you very much

Super Smash Bros., Pokémon, Mario Kart 7, LoZOoT and MM 3D, all below Super Mario 3D Land? What the heck (not saying the game is bad, I own it, and it's fun, but nowhere near as good as those other games). This list seems like as if someone put 25 random 3DS games in a random number generator, took the order they came out in and the switched around some places. "Oh this is Mario so it must be pretty good, just look how it sells!". Something I hate to online is sales=quality, sales don't necessarily indicate that a game is good, of course Mario is gonna sell! Because it's Mario!

Reactions: Ethendor and Hayleia
New Suer mario bros and Mario Golf should be way lower, Terraria should be on there, and Link between worlds is perfect on top.

I would have put Mario Kart 7 and Smash 4 a little higher than that, but everything else seems to be in pretty good order, with the exception of Pokemon X and Y, which IMO should swap places with New Leaf. But I agree with them on the fact that Link Between Worlds is #1.

Back