3DSPedia Game

• Thread starter milesose
  • Start date

Would you like to see this on forum.3dspedia.com?

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
M

milesose

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So, I have been thinking about this for a long time..
I wanted to make a 3DSPedia game which can/will be embedded to this site. I made a skeleton version in Java already, so I know what I want (mostly).

I was thinking it would be a 1v1 RPG style game, where people could watch 2 Pedians battle to their death and bet on them. 2 players would spawn in a randomly generated map. They would see, like in any RPG, overtop view of the map, but wouldn't see the other player, until they are in 3 blocks range. When players contact, they have 30 seconds to decide what to do (magic, attack, defend, run away)
I thought it would be great, but I wanted to make the game so I can say that it's made 'by the 3DSPedians'.
I want you guys to give me ideas, and if interested, you can help me develop the code!

All opinions about this are appreciated!

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel, Slayerpon Tatsu, Kyubey and 5 others
Prototype of game - mappless
http://bit.ly/1yELcd4

.jar file -- OPEN IN CONSOLE

1) Open up start menu
2) Click 'Run' (Win 8/8.1 users type 'run')
3) Type 'cmd' and hit 'OK'
4) In command prompt type 'cd [directory to .jar file (C:\Users\etc. ; without \game.jar at the end]
5) Do 'java -jar game.jar' (must have Java installed)
6) Play the game

1) Open command line (you gotta know how to do that if you're using linux)
2) Type 'cd [directory to .jar file ( /users/Username/etc. ; without /game.jar at the end]
3) Do 'java -jar game.jar' (must have Java installed, some Linuxes have it pre installed)
4) Enjoy!

Meanwhile I think it's a good idea, sadly the game's prototype is too simple so I can't give feedback, plus it's hard to execute for most of the members of the site... well, for the moment :p

I'm interested to see a further progress, still as an example it's solid to be honest.

For Windows Users, I can't get passed step 4. My command prompt keeps saying "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." when I try to type in the respecting code.

For Windows Users, I can't get passed step 4. My command prompt keeps saying "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." when I try to type in the respecting code.

Easy way to do it:

1. copy the file on C: main folder
2. Open CMD
3. cd C:\
4. java -jar game.jar
done

I think that if you want to make a game about this forum, you should make it a Pokemon fan game. I tried doing that once using RPG Maker XP (probably better to use VX Ace now) and Pokemon Essentials.

Reactions: ErixSan and Mikaya
I think that if you want to make a game about this forum, you should make it a Pokemon fan game. I tried doing that once using RPG Maker XP (probably better to use VX Ace now) and Pokemon Essentials.
The thing is I want to integrate it to the site and allow cross user multiplayer, so I figured Java is the best option. It can be easily embedded and almost everybody has Java installed.
As far as I know, VX Ace (which I tackled before) doesn't have multiplayer and no customizable user interactions but item names and dialogs etc.

The thing is I want to integrate it to the site and allow cross user multiplayer, so I figured Java is the best option. It can be easily embedded and almost everybody has Java installed.
As far as I know, VX Ace (which I tackled before) doesn't have multiplayer and no customizable user interactions but item names and dialogs etc.
I've seen it programmed into RMXP games; I'm sure it's still possible in RMVXA.

It mostly uses a fancy Ruby scripting thing, anyway. You wouldn't be able to integrate it, but a site like 3DSPedia shouldn't really have much Java plugin material, anyway, so it's fine.

Easy way to do it:

1. copy the file on C: main folder
2. Open CMD
3. cd C:\
4. java -jar game.jar
done

I'll try that later on. Although, I bet I will still have problems, as I am not savvy with this kind of stuff, that's for sure! :(

@milesose I have been programming for 3 years do you need assitance?

@milesose I have been programming for 3 years do you need assitance?
5.5 years of Java experience :D
All help is appreciated though. I can add you to my BitBucket project if you want ;D

Sure :p

I was actually also planning on making a game about Pedia(it would be more of a tie in with my story after I cancelled my idea for an animaion). I'm not that good at programming, but maybe I could help in other ways.

Yo why does the game sound so much like deadman wonderland dead men battles XD

Back