3rd Party clear "New" 3DS faceplate found on Japanese Amazon.

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
I found this three months ago and I have been wanting this ever since. I know many New 3ds users that use the neon clear faceplates realeased by Nintendo to make custom faceplates of their own and many of them have always wanted Nintendo to realease a totally clear coverplate so users can put in custom designs without the added neon color tint.
Unfortunatly the 3rd party faceplate is only on the Japanese amazon and isn't on the U.S or European amazon servers. This doesn't mean you are not able to get it if your in a foreign region rather than japan. You're still able to buy 3rd party coverplates or anything from the Japanese Amazon servers in general though to buy you either need a Japanese amazon gift card or a regular credit card from your region.
The clear coverplates it self is over 1,620 yen or 14 usd and from reviews I've seen from it the bottom coverplate has no screws which isn't good.
Though besides the lack of screws this is a good coverplate for artests to use their drawings as coverplates or for people who would like to put a picture of a pet or family member on their 3ds as a decoration.

Link:https://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-New-Ni...=1&refRID=FC7NDXT8Q7PBDY4DC5MT&language=en_US

There is also a bullethole clear coverplate if anyone is interested. It is a little more expensive than the regular clear coverplate shown with the price of the bullet hole coverplate starting at 2,376 yen or $20 USD. Assuming that both the clear and the bullethole coverplates come from the exact same 3rd party company I would say this coverplate will also have no screws on the bottom coverplate just like the clear one.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00RYWKS0E

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this three months ago and I have been wanting this ever since. I know many New 3ds users that use the neon clear faceplates realeased by Nintendo to make custom faceplates of their own and many of them have always wanted Nintendo to realease a totally clear coverplate so users can put in custom designs without the added neon color tint.
Unfortunatly the 3rd party faceplate is only on the Japanese amazon and isn't on the U.S or European amazon servers. This doesn't mean you are not able to get it if your in a foreign region rather than japan. You're still able to buy 3rd party coverplates or anything from the Japanese Amazon servers in general though to buy you either need a Japanese amazon gift card or a regular credit card from your region.
The clear coverplates it self is over 1,620 yen or 14 usd and from reviews I've seen from it the bottom coverplate has no screws which isn't good.
Though besides the lack of screws this is a good coverplate for artests to use their drawings as coverplates or for people who would like to put a picture of a pet or family member on their 3ds as a decoration.

Link:https://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-New-Nintendo-3DS-着せ替えプレート/dp/B00XBX84TM/ref=pd_sbs_63_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FC7NDXT8Q7PBDY4DC5MT&language=en_US
Hmmm I've found clear covers which I find better than screwing on the ds on Amazon and I live in America I plan on buying one for my new ds I just bought so I can do a custom case again
I don't like fiddling with my ds just because I could accidently ruin it so I use the clear snap on covers

Reactions: Leafeon1010
Back