A female Link?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
Do you want Nintendo to make a Zelda game where Link is actually a female instead of male? I would like them to do this as it could introduce a lot new things into the series.

:mad::confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:cry::wtf::jawdrop::thumbsdown:
No. Link stays male and Zelda stays female. That's like trying to change other iconic characters to another gender. It just wouldn't work. (Although, it could with Zelda in all honesty. . . if Zelda wasn't in the game. . .)

Just no. Next thing you'll be asking to make Samus Male and Master Cheif Female.

Reactions: Acadia
Just no. Next thing you'll be asking to make Samus Male and Master Cheif Female.
Which wouldn't make a bit of difference :p

As for Demon_skeith's question - hell no! There will be a massive backlash from fans, there'll be massive articles by feminist gaming journalists (trust me, it's happened a lot of times on GameSpot thanks to one Carolyn Petit) about stuff like 'transgender characters, give transgenders adequate representation in games, there should be more female characters, the gaming industry is dominated by males, kill them all'; trolling and insulting every single transgender in existence by trolls, flamewars between trolls and suck-ups who want to get into the site administrators' good books, articles by feminist gaming journalists that females have been locked up in windowless rooms by males for centuries, heartbreak, divorce and then you know what, cats and dogs will be getting together to produce all sorts of mutant aberrations! :eek:

In short, no.

I know my response may seem extreme. But to reiterate, it's happened on GameSpot before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flarence
Do you want Nintendo to make a Zelda game where Link is actually a female instead of male? I would like them to do this as it could introduce a lot new things into the series.
So, it means Princess Zelda should be Prince Zelda in that game to make it work. I don't like it. I think Zelda is enough of a female character in the game. The game is named after her.

tumblr_m3qf07N8Mk1qfuldoo1_500.jpg

tetro__lin_and_prince_zelda_by_telinkk-d5zyibj.png

No, just, no.

I changed my avatar just for this reason. This thread. . . gawd. . . Link will stay male! The only time Link is female is when fangirls cosplay as him. =P

I changed my avatar just for this reason. This thread. . . gawd. . . Link will stay male! The only time Link is female is when fangirls cosplay as him. =P

Yeah, that is right!

Also, what is the rule about gender swap?

Well there was gonna be a more feminine Link in Twilight Princess. If you want proof, peruse the Hyrule Historia. :p

Well there was gonna be a more feminine Link in Twilight Princess. If you want proof, peruse the Hyrule Historia.

May I ask what page it is on? Apparently, my copy doesn't have it or say that anywhere. I'm looking under 'The Creative Footprints for Twilight Princess', what page did you see this at? I'm curious as to what you're referring to. ~

May I ask what page it is on? Apparently, my copy doesn't have it or say that anywhere. I'm looking under 'The Creative Footprints for Twilight Princess', what page did you see this at? I'm curious as to what you're referring to. ~
Well more androgynous but it's on page 171.

Well more androgynous but it's on page 171.

Ahh, you're referring to the design sketches, yes? Yeah, some have some feminine qualities, while others are really masculine. That's common though; look at Fire Emblem characters like Marth. Gaming franchises go hand in hand with anime styled art, so it's only natural.

Ahh, you're referring to the design sketches, yes? Yeah, some have some feminine qualities, while others are really masculine. That's common though; look at Fire Emblem characters like Marth. Gaming franchises go hand in hand with anime styled art, so it's only natural.
Yes I am. I know but I was just saying we could have had a feminine looking Link instead of on the one in your avatar. :)

Yes I am. I know but I was just saying we could have had a feminine looking Link instead of on the one in your avatar.
Yeah, I guess. I honestly like his appearance in Twilight Princess the best though. Skyward sword was really comical, just like Wind Waker. I don't mind it, but the more masculine he looks, the more epic his actions are to me. xD

He wouldn't look really good more masculine than he already is though, maybe. =P

Who doesn't like his look in Twilight Princess honestly? I found that some of the expressions were offputting in Skyward Sword, but either way it was an fun and amazing game to play. Ah I see.

Well time will tell on that. :p

Reactions: Flarence
OoT and MM Link look the best really. Anyways guess you guys don't like change or try something different :p

OoT and MM Link look the best really. Anyways guess you guys don't like change or try something different :p
I never said I hated it. :)

So, why does a Female Link must make Zelda automatically a prince?

More than simply turning Link a girl, I think it would be interesting to have the option to set the gender of our character similar to Pokémon, after all Link is the avatar in which we immerse into the game. Link is our Link and such an approach could be quite interesting.

I am sure I read somewhere a guy edited a ROm for WW to make the dialogs refer to Link as a girl, this because her daughter was playing. I think the core of tWW probably wasn't affected for this dialog changes. Subtle changes like that without turning Link into another girly damsel could work.

On the other hand I agree that this decision would definitely cause knee jerk reactions and a lot of backlash as for many male Link is part of the core of the Zelda games, it is not like we have ever seen something like that before... except for Japan, that during the SNES days with the Broadcast Satellaview (BS-X) attachment saw light of a Zelda game without Link: BS The Legend of Zelda. While Link was away someone else had to cover the hero spot. This game allowed you to chose the gender, it is to note though, that just like with the CDi games, Nintendo wasn't the main man behind, but the point still stands that this approach could work.

The CDI games failed not because in two zelda was the protagonist, but because they were bad in controls, confusing, with night-mare inducing cutscenes and the BS Zelda was for an accessory that never saw light outside of Japan and was shortly discontinued. Nintendo still brushed this game under the carpet and pretend that nothing happened.

Finally, while interesting I doubt Nintendo will risk to pull a movement like this one anytime soon and like many of you I have grown picturing Link as a male hero and as a character of his own more so than a mere shell.

Reactions: MindzEye
I like Link to be a male, but, it would be interesting to see a game where a female Link is the main character.

Interesting enough this thread was from a long time ago but.. now there is a female link: Linkle !

technically it was going to be links little sister but now we are not exactly sure what she is going to be. but there is a official female link!?!!

My God this is close to the guy that predicted cloud in smash , smash bros for wii u and 3ds 3 years before the games even came out

Reactions: KnighddDd
Back