A Thread About Books

• Thread starter Mykaelochi
  • Start date
M

Mykaelochi

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Hello! I am posting this thread to see if anyone has read anything interesting lately. Also, has anyone read Euclid's Elements?Anyway, in other words, just wondering if there are any ''book lovers'' out there, so to speak. So if you've read something of interest to you, feel free to comment below (or whatever, depending on your reference frame)!

I don't read any of the new and trendy stuff but I do love to read. I really enjoy reading classics and non-fiction, but I read anything (besides lame and corny romance novels).

I'm currently reading "Our National Parks" by John Muir, as well as "Out Of the Silent Planet" by C.S Lewis. Last book I read was "The Inner Runner" by Jason Karp.

I tend not to read much lately. Along with being in an emotional slump right now I'm in a reading slump. However I have to read for English under a book I choose. I am reading This Is Where It Ends. It's about a school shooting (not real) and shows what happened to each of the different characters and is told through like five of the seniors that were there on that day. It's interesting I just don't want to read right now.

I mostly read fantasy/sci fi but i havent spent much time doing so recently. My favourite series is the kingkiller chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I also recently got recommended the troy series by terry gemmell and completed by his wife after his passing.

Reactions: Mykaelochi
I mostly read fantasy/sci fi but i havent spent much time doing so recently. My favourite series is the kingkiller chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I also recently got recommended the troy series by terry gemmell and completed by his wife after his passing.
I have been considering purchasing some of Shakespeare's plays recently. Although for my reading tends to focus more on science and mathematics.

My cousin is much more into the shakespeare type stuff than me so ill ask her for some recommendations but i wont be of much use as far as reading science/maths based stuff goes sorry

My cousin is much more into the shakespeare type stuff than me so ill ask her for some recommendations but i wont be of much use as far as reading science/maths based stuff goes sorry
That's okay. I've read Romeo and Juliet and The Taming of the Shrew already, but I haven't read any other of Shakespeare's works.

In my reading class we are reading book called "We beat the streets" and after a few chapters it was pretty entertaining and interesting. The book is about the childhood lives of three African American doctors. Their childhoods take place in a ghetto town called Newark, New jersey and the book is a narrative that tells about their lives. Also the children in the book are real people. I would recommend reading this book if you like slice of life narratives.
51520Z3EVRL.jpg

If you liked those read Othello @Mykaelochi During my three years of high school so far we read three different Shakespeare plays, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and Othello. Oddly enough, that was also the order if which ones I liked the most. Romeo and Juliet was weird. I thought the characters were too winy and stupid. Macbeth was better, but it was still okay. Othello was by far the best of the three.

I love books!!
Only problem is, I get so lazy at the thought of picking one up, that I end up playing video games instead. >w<

...I need a good book to read... ;w;

I read mostly non-fiction crime books. Mainly about serial killers and stuff. I just find true stories more interesting.

I sometimes happen upon a good book that May or may not have been made into a movie. (Most times the books are much better.) I remember reading all of the Inheretince cycle. (Because Eragon the movie was terrible.) and then there's Issac Marion's Warm bodies. (The movie of the same name wasn't bad, but the book was much more philisophical and poetic.) and I remember reading Steven King's Revival. (That hasn't been made into a movie that I know of.)

If you liked those read Othello @Mykaelochi During my three years of high school so far we read three different Shakespeare plays, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and Othello. Oddly enough, that was also the order if which ones I liked the most. Romeo and Juliet was weird. I thought the characters were too winy and stupid. Macbeth was better, but it was still okay. Othello was by far the best of the three.
I know this response comes after many months but I do want to mention that I have read A Midsummer Night's Dream, which I thought was fairly well written.

Models of Earth are generated to help us find our place. Although quite accurate, these round objects known as globes are too big and awkward to be portable. Maps provide the ability to take the same information from a globe and transfer it to a flat surface. The challenge with creating maps is transferring the data without distorting the images. How difficult would it be to flatten a deflated basketball?

Back