Absense of Purple Link in Triforce Heroes

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
What are your thoughts on Triforce Heroes leaving out the all-important Purple colored Link? I know they wanted to stick with the whole Triforce aspect (3 pieces, therefore 3 Links), but do you miss him? Do you think it was out of order to not include that specific Link in the upcoming game? or do you simply do not care? :p

a926b80703e5835d91461739c54a7eb7b1be775f4a1408e716c5a616883846da_1.gif

✝ RIP Purple 'Fabulous' Link 2002 - 2004 ✝

...He will be missed ;-;

Reactions: G MAN, 423, Roxasthebrave and 2 others
Yeah, I miss him. But the title Tri Force probably won't make sense. Maybe make a space for the purple Link in the center triangle.

It could've made sense if the whole concept of 4Swords was in the game then Purple Link would probably be there :p But then it wouldn't be called "Triforce Heroes" xD Still though I miss the Purple Link >.< As someone who played 4swords a lot, I thought it was weird hearing that there will only be three players at once in TH.

goodbye purple link you shall always be missed

I think that game still functions the same even without him. I mean, the days I've played Four Swords by myself or with people, it has always just been 1 other Link. So the absence of Purple Link doesn't really get me at all. A good game is still a good game. Although, I think Ghirham is TLoZ's Fabulous King though.

These aren't Links at all, they're just plain "heroes"
So purple Link isn't dead.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious they were going for an Earth Water and Fire theme with this one, but it is sad that there is no purple Link, although I'm wondering where this game will fit into the canon of the series. Because if they are the same Link(s) that are in Four Swords, it could be possible that we meet purple Link towards the end, or, if not, Nintendo could maybe put in a purple costume of giggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know why. Purple Link is getting his own solo game. Ravio needs help in Lorule, so he summons Link...except he gets Purple Link, killing him in this world. Coming in 20XX.
:p
(But really, I believe Nintendo decided to keep it as 3 Links due some multiplayer problem with the Online mode. Or just because the game is called TRIforce heros. So technically, they represent the three pieces of the Triforce.)

Reactions: Mikaya
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet. It's obviously Purple Link in the vid, but inanimate [skip t0 0:40]. I do wonder why they decided not to make a purple alt costume in his honor, though (I guess then it would actually look like him lol). Meh, not too much of a biggie. It is just a color. :p

Lavender got shot and is dead man. Dude got Rekt by a like like

Reactions: 423
I dont really mind not having him in triforce heroes It would be cool it you could choose your color at the begining and be whatever color you wanted(of the 4). But he may come back in a later game who knows ;)

Reactions: G MAN
I actually miss him a lot i have a GC and i played 4 swords with my friends always they came to my house and i was always purple link so i think i will miss him too much also a friend downloaded the four swords DS thingy when it was free and i played it like the GBA one

For people unaware, Nintendo of America on their US page held a Q and A around the games launch. They said that the "hero" you play as is the one from A Link Between Worlds on the Nintendo 3DS trying to hide his identity(which I think he did because I thought he was Toon Link XD). He splits himself into 3, at least in single-player. Personally I think it was done due to 3DS limitations, but whatever floats your boat.

I miss Vio, I know the game wanted to keep the tri aspect. But I miss him.

Maybe they will make a Four Sword remake so we can have Vio again.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet. It's obviously Purple Link in the vid, but inanimate [skip t0 0:40]. I do wonder why they decided not to make a purple alt costume in his honor, though (I guess then it would actually look like him lol). Meh, not too much of a biggie. It is just a color. :p

that is so creepy did he die i a past adventure? his face looks like a gyroid from animal crossing. maybe he got cursed none knows but the face just makes me uneasy i hope he returns as a easter egg in zelda u

I was always Purple Link when I played Four Swords with my siblings. I recently took a quiz on which FS Link I was and my result was Purple(or Vio as most fans call him) and also Shadow Link(those two were actually tied but Vio was selected for my result).

I need to play FS again. It was actually my first LoZ game before I played the original.

Well most people like red and blue more than purple and one had to be cut RIP purple link

rip purple link he was to fabulous.

rip purple link he was to fabulous.
What are your thoughts on Triforce Heroes leaving out the all-important Purple colored Link? I know they wanted to stick with the whole Triforce aspect (3 pieces, therefore 3 Links), but do you miss him? Do you think it was out of order to not include that specific Link in the upcoming game? or do you simply do not care? :p

Back