Access the "hidden" Internet Browser on your Switch!

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Saw this on Reddit, figured it might be useful ;)
Here's how you do it:
  1. Go to your Switch's Internet Settings, and select the network you use to access Internet.
  2. Access the advanced settings for it, and set the DNS to 'Manual'.
  3. Set the Primary DNS to 045.055.142.122, and save.
  4. Connect your Switch to the network.
If everything goes fine, the Switch will tell you that the network you're trying to use requires a subscription / has a log-in page (similar to the open networks you can find in restaurants). Click okay, and again, if it works as intended, you'll get a page that'll redirect you to Google. And voilà ! You're free to roam the Internet !

A few notes:
  • Pressing HOME will force you to go back to the settings, and connect to the network again.
  • There is no video support. Don't expect going on YouTube anytime soon. HTML5Test says the Switch has poor video support anyway (only H. 264 at the moment)
  • There is no Adobe Flash support. Stick to HTML5 games.
  • Some HTML5 games with controller support will recognize the JoyCons as "Nintendo Switch Controller". In that case, you can "play", but, it's iffy, because X, B and + will still behave as if you weren't playing (X will ask if you want to close the browser, B goes back, and + brings you page information).
  • HTML5 games supporting multiple controllers have issues with using JoyCons separately. They'll still be recognized as an unique controller (source: check HTML5 GamePad Test, while having both JoyCons separated)
That's all. I've tested it on my Switch (which is on 4.1.0), and it worked fine. So, go ahead, and have fun !
(Note: I will not be responsible if this tutorial is no longer working because of a future system update)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...king_web_browser_on_the_switch_again/dqvfmp2/

Reactions: Mizunil, Artisan and Samster
Cool

Hfzf14T.gif

Reactions: TerraKnight, Danominator, Artisan and 1 other person
I doubt the Switch can access Ninten Pedia since the 3DS and Wii U can't.

Here's how you do it:
  1. Go to your Switch's Internet Settings, and select the network you use to access Internet.
If everything goes fine, the Switch will tell you that the network you're trying to use requires a subscription / has a log-in page (similar to the open networks you can find in restaurants). Click okay, and again, if it works as intended, you'll get a page that'll redirect you to Google. And voilà ! You're free to roam the Internet !

A few notes:
  • Pressing HOME will force you to go back to the settings, and connect to the network again.
  • There is no video support. Don't expect going on YouTube anytime soon. HTML5Test says the Switch has poor video support anyway (only H. 264 at the moment)
  • Some HTML5 games with controller support will recognize the JoyCons as "Nintendo Switch Controller". In that case, you can "play", but, it's iffy, because X, B and + will still behave as if you weren't playing (X will ask if you want to close the browser, B goes back, and + brings you page information).
  • HTML5 games supporting multiple controllers have issues with using JoyCons separately. They'll still be recognized as an unique controller (source: check HTML5 GamePad Test, while having both JoyCons separated)
That's all. I've tested it on my Switch (which is on 4.1.0), and it worked fine. So, go ahead, and have fun !
(Note: I will not be responsible if this tutorial is no longer working because of a future system update)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...king_web_browser_on_the_switch_again/dqvfmp2/
i been doing this forever by the way for anyone who doesn't know you can't watch videos doing this but every sites works even this site

Here's how you do it:

A few notes:

Wow. That's just amazing.

Here's how you do it:

A few notes:

hey can you just if it works for you because it's not working for me

hey can you just if it works for you because it's not working for me
Still works, accessed various websites on Switch without any issues yesterday. Maybe the DNS isn't properly set or you're using the wrong connection. Don't forget, you just need to set the primary DNS.

If that still doesn't work, maybe it's the DNS itself (don't forget the S stands for Server) that is experiencing issues at the moment, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Still works, accessed various websites on Switch without any issues yesterday. Maybe the DNS isn't properly set or you're using the wrong connection. Don't forget, you just need to set the primary DNS.

If that still doesn't work, maybe it's the DNS itself (don't forget the S stands for Server) that is experiencing issues at the moment, but I wouldn't bet on it.
oh thanks now it's working

oh thanks now it's working
Yep, but you were right, connected my Switch today, and the website said that the server went down Wednesday evening until Friday morning because of a issue, but it's fixed.

Back