AC:NL Amiibo villagers, wouldn't it be good if

• Thread starter Furyofthestorm78
  • Start date
Furyofthestorm78

Furyofthestorm78

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
While I sort of like the fact that Amiibo villagers never leave, I think it would be good if you had the option to move them out, leaving a space rather than moving another amiibo in, so a random can go there.
In my first town I have W.Link, Medli, Ganon, and Epona, moved in from Amiibos. My card collection is growing too, so I have many options to move villagers in, but now this means that nearly half of my villagers on one game will not leave, unless I kick them out. This is one of the reasons I have extra copies of the game, so I can have random villagers move in there and move them between towns.
I have a system now for the card villagers, I use the card in my son's copy then boot them out and when in boxes get one of my other mayors to talk them in to moving to the town I want them to move to. This makes them able to leave by themselves eventually. This doesn't work with the figures only the cards.

Amiibo villagers will ask to move out! ^^ I think it just takes them longer/they are less likely to ask too move out. Plus, in the event they do move out, you can just move them back in! The only downside is that it's a completely new version of the villager moving in, they don't remember ever living in your town. :( But regardless, it's nice to know I can always have certain villagers! I also love the feature so that in my spare cycling town if I get a villager I really want in my main town, I can get them into boxes really quick by using my amiibo villagers. (If that makes sense.)

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
Really? I have had W. Link and Medli in my town since January, neither of them have asked to leave even though I speak to them often, they always want to come and visit, get me to do stuff for them, and Medli often hangs around outside my house so I can't get in.
So is it just the card ones that will leave, or the figures too? My 4 (Ankha, Lucky, Coco, and Kiki), that I got from boxes from other towns have asked me to leave loads, but I won't let them yet.

Really? I have had W. Link and Medli in my town since January, neither of them have asked to leave even though I speak to them often, they always want to come and visit, get me to do stuff for them, and Medli often hangs around outside my house so I can't get in.
So is it just the card ones that will leave, or the figures too? My 4 (Ankha, Lucky, Coco, and Kiki), that I got from boxes from other towns have asked me to leave loads, but I won't let them yet.

I haven't personally had any Amiibo villagers ask me to leave (my only amiibo card move in so far has been Rosie) but! I did Google it before I moved her in because I had heard rumours they never ask to move out, and I'm pretty sure I heard people say they do ask to move out. It just takes them longer! I think if it's an amiibo villager you get from another town (ie: I moved Rosie into my town via amiibo, then put her into boxes and you came and invited her) then they are treated like "regular" villagers and should ask to move out more frequently!

Back