• YES.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Kaidan

Kaidan

Defying gender roles since 1999! ✿✿
Towns Folk
You read that right.
Yes! According to Polygon™, Animal Crossing is going to be coming on Mobile phones, and expanding it's console library!

The creators of Animal Crossing see the game as more than just a cheerful life simulator, they consider it a communication tool, where players share experiences with in-game characters and other real-life players.

But, don't get your hopes up. Polygon also contacted Eguchi, and asked how well suited Animal Crossing might be for smartphones, Eguchi said that it's a commonly asked question, but that the franchise isn't a perfect fit for touchscreen-only devices.

"Actually a lot of people have the same sort of idea, but contrary to what it seems like, there's a lot to do in Animal Crossing," Eguchi said. "It's really focused on a very free style of control. Whether it's the buttons or the stick on the 3DS, we really use [the hardware] to its fullest to get the maximum amount of joy, so I personally don't agree with the sentiment [that Animal Crossing would work on mobile devices]."

Read the full article here.

This in no way is advertisement for any other site, just spreadin the news.

Reactions: Catatron1
Reactions: Catatron1 and Kaidan
I almost passed out after seeing the title of this post, but now i realized it's just a rumor/suggestion that will never come true. Nintendo will never release their exclusive games on other non-Nintendo devices. It's a bad idea, just like what heart said it's just gonna ruin the concept of Nintendo.

Reactions: Catatron1, 3dsatackman and Kaidan
if thats true nintendo is crazy ,they dont put games like this on smartphones, but if they do i am not sure what people will think.

Never, ever gonna happen.
The only thing similar to this happening that I imagine is that if Nintendo gets out another Animal Crossing game, and has a Nintendo App that you can play with your game. It could be for friends, or info on your neighbors, or stuff like that.
I'd like this idea, but I'd never like a Nintendo game on a cellphone... oficially, at least.

Reactions: Kaidan
i think that if it does happen that they should also make it for 3ds or something like that. because if they only have it on iphone a lot a kids and people who have the systems are going to be mad because they spent money on a nintendo system and they dont want a iphone.

Reactions: Brawlkuriboh
Terrible idea should never happen

I am not sure how this will work out. It will probably be a little minigame or something that nobody would really want. Nintendo is already making the next step by going into mobile gaming, but it looks like this one may backfire. Nintendo should just stick to making a new Animal Crossing game on the Wii U.

While this is a nice idea and would be a great addicting game, I don't see Nintendo doing such a thing. They could be swimming in some money if they made in app purchases available, such as buying bells, etc. Nice to think of, but not so likely :/

You read that right.
Yes! According to Polygon™, Animal Crossing is going to be coming on Mobile phones, and expanding it's console library!

But, don't get your hopes up. Polygon also contacted Eguchi, and asked how well suited Animal Crossing might be for smartphones, Eguchi said that it's a commonly asked question, but that the franchise isn't a perfect fit for touchscreen-only devices.

"Actually a lot of people have the same sort of idea, but contrary to what it seems like, there's a lot to do in Animal Crossing," Eguchi said. "It's really focused on a very free style of control. Whether it's the buttons or the stick on the 3DS, we really use [the hardware] to its fullest to get the maximum amount of joy, so I personally don't agree with the sentiment [that Animal Crossing would work on mobile devices]."

AC on mobile? That just sounds wrong. It's gonna be like those ones where you gotta pay real cash to build stuff in real time ;-;

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix and Catatron1
I think it would be cool and I have the contoller that connects to my phone but I think its better on the 3ds and after a while ac does get boring and so if Nintendo worked on that they would probably leave theyre other projects and postpone them so I think it would be cool but then again if you want to play acnl just get a 3ds theyre much cheap now especially a 2nd hand

Nintendo have multiple studios and teams, they work on multiple projects at the same time, they just got a partnership for mobile gaming, so a mobile game doesn't mean they would postpone their other projects.

You say that AC gets boring after a while, but it's why it would be a good idea on mobile. On the bus? No probem, pick up AC and play for 15 minutes while you wait.

Yeah I guess it would be good I have a new 3ds xl Hard to carry that around xD but Im just wondering how it would handle on the phone,i pad would be amazing for it or even PC XD

Many mobile games use the corners of the device to act as a controller. So you put your thumbs on the bottom corners of the screen, you move them around and it acts like a controller.

This would probably be the best way to handle it.

Yeah

I hope not.. I haven't played animal crossing since the original gamecube game, but Fantasy Life 2 is mobile and very few people are happy about it... I can't imagine that an Animal Crossing mobile game would have much better reciprocation since the games share a lot of the same audience.

It will never come true. Damn, the media really is terrible. I hate it, these days, the media only bashes nintendo so they can get more clicks. The nx somehow became widely known as a home console even though it was confirmed as a mobile device, and many false rumors about certain games are approaching. The media really wants nintendo to die.

There is a Animal Crossing type game on iOS, Virtual Town by last day of work it has ordinances (you can have multiple at a time say beauty and night owl plus a shopping ordinance and town improvement one) you can farm(your villagers need food you must grow food and fruit trees the villagers are human) you get a house to decor and expand a lottery every day to get a chance to win money, the game is free (DONT PANIC) you can earn the coins (or buy them iap) by catching and selling bugs and minerals (u get a pick axe and mine rocks) you get to adopt a kid who will take over your mayor duties when u retire (meaning u play as them when the first one u made retires) your money gains interest everyday, you get to buy and sell stuff chop weeds with a machete interact with villagers, do project works place fountains chairs and clocks, so we already have a acnl type game on iOS why does Nintendo need to make one ..

I'm not really a fan of the idea myself.......

You read that right.

please let this just be a nightmare

Back