Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I didn't even know there was a Direct for the upcoming Animal Crossing game for smartphones.

Animal Crossing Mobile Direct :

I wasn't really expecting it to give off so much of the Animal Crossing experience. I'm hoping they let you get as much content as possible to enjoy the game without having to pay much </3

What do you guys think?

I've never played an animal crossing game before but it seems fun I guess. I might have to give it a try and see if I like it.

I played New Leaf on my 3DS when it appeared and I enjoyed it a lot. I saw the Direct and I like it; it really made me think to buy an Android phone to play it (now I have a Windows phone - no games, work only :D ). I wouldn't mind to pay for content as long as the amount would be reasonable.
Of course, I could take my 3ds with me and play it on the go, but I'm a grown up man, I think it would be strange to get my yellow Pikachu console from my pocket and play with it in a pause, at work :) . A phone would be more... discreet.

I tried the Australian version of the game and I have to say... it looks like a mobile game done the right way. There are micro-transactions, but progressing without them seems reasonable enough. From the parts of the game I've played, it seems to capture the Animal Crossing vibe, but in a more bite size form. You don't have a huge town to explore, but a variety of smaller locations. The game is definitely made to be played in small bursts, rather than hours at a time. Also, the camp customization seems to be very in depth. I can definitely see my friends and I getting into the game and trying to create the coolest campsite.

Eh, the game was pretty fun for a while, but then it turned into the classic mobile game, begging you to buy in app purchases, and giving you hardly any in game items anymore without having to buy them. It’s sad, but it got taken over by micro transactions, just like most mobile games, :/

I was pretty disappointed with this app. The AC series is perfect for playing on the go. Nintendo had a chance to make an amazing, full animal crossing game with a starter set of items and then extra dlc items.

So... they didn't and Pocket Camp is a super dumbed down game with no soul

Back