Support Needed Any tips on how to resolve a glitchy New 3DS XL Circle

• Thread starter Mykaelochi
  • Start date
M

Mykaelochi

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Aforementioned, I am wondering if there is a way to fix my Circle Pad. The Circle Pad is mainly problematic on the HOME Menu. When I try to move it up or down, the cursor starts to fanatically move up and down without me touching it. If I don't touch the circle pad, it lasts for about 7 to 8 seconds. Although sometimes I can move up normally, but most of the time I can't. Moving left and right works perfectly fine. The problem does not affect gameplay too much, although in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, one is able to do a little twirl if you spin the circle pad around; I can't seem to do that properly. Anyway, thanks in advance if you have any tips!

Sounds like a connection is loose or something. If you gently shake your DS a bit, can you hear anything rattle or move or anything? Did you do anything to your DS before this? Like drop it or something?

Reactions: Mykaelochi
I hear something rattling, sounds like it's on the left side of the system. I have dropped it before, although not recently. Do you think that might be connected?

Is it rattling or kinda like a sliding sound? Since a sound on the left side is normal.

It being dropped before may be connected. From your description is does sound like a loose connection, so it may also be down to liquids getting into it, wear and tear and other stuff. May be worth getting it checked at a local repair shop or calling up Nintendo.

There seems to be a little bit of sliding but I am not sure if it means a damaged connection.

If you go to System Settings, there's an option to re-calibrate it. That might help.

My circle pad isn't 100%, either. There's a slight rattle occasionally during normal use, though it typically seems to work as expected.

Don't be too rough on it when playing Smash Bros. That's been known to cause problems with several players. (the c-stick is a great alternative)

The c-stick isn't made the best, and even with careful usage can quickly lose functionality. You can send it in for repairs to Nintendo, which I have done for free, if it is still under warranty. The only other thing is to try and VERY CAREFULLY clean around it to see if there is anything getting stuck underneath or lodged in beside it.

Reactions: Mykaelochi
The c-stick isn't made the best, and even with careful usage can quickly lose functionality. You can send it in for repairs to Nintendo, which I have done for free, if it is still under warranty. The only other thing is to try and VERY CAREFULLY clean around it to see if there is anything getting stuck underneath or lodged in beside it.
The issue actually pertains more to the Circle Pad, which when I push it down or up, it moves erratically vertically. But that is good to know.

The issue actually pertains more to the Circle Pad, which when I push it down or up, it moves erratically vertically. But that is good to know.

Sorry. I misunderstood as the c-stick for some reason. :D

Back