Moon/Sun anyone else not like the gen 5 exp scaling in these games ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
one of the biggest problems i had with sun and moon, along with ultra sun/moon was the trash gen 5 scaling with not much ways to atone for it (black/white 1&2 had audino farming which was why idc much about it then), this was probably to me, the biggest disappointment id had with the games and i had a rough start because of this. im not calling sun/moon ultra sun/moon bad games, as they had beautiful graphics with a great story and these are two things i tend to easily like most, but i personally feel this problem is where game freak messed up most (and kinda bad in my opinion, until you finished the main game which i was a bit displeased about as well). if theyd left this part as it was in xy and oras, id rate them five stars. again, i dont mean to hate these games, but this was a rough drawback i think. anyone else disappointed about this but like the rest about gen 7?

Wait so do you think you don't get enough exp or you get too much per battle? I didn't play gen 5 much and don't remember how experience scaled in that game. To be honest I think gen 6's curve was very generous.

I've only played through Ultra once, and with a IV bred team, so I can't speak for that, but I personally found Sun/Moon to be pretty easy. I had no trouble leveling with the Exp Share, the only time I had trouble in battle was a couple times during Lusamine's battle in Ultra Space when I was basically speedrunning the game. Of course in S/M I just threw my Pokemon in Poke Pelago and used the glitch to get them to gain a few levels, no problem. Though I suppose I can see where that would be a problem in Ultra. It's been a while since I played Gen 5, though I don't remember too much grinding in B/W, but I just recently re-played Leaf Green, which involved a lot of grinding, especially around the E4. So I think the scaling problem you have is with Pokemon in general. I think XY was probably the easiest Pokemon game, and I think Gen 7 is a decent medium of that and previous generations (if you don't cheat with Poke Pelago). I also think Ultra is a little more difficult than S/M, and I'm happy with that. Ultra also gives you a method of leveling post-game, which is nice if you want to Bottle Cap some Pokemon.

Back