TCG Anyone play the TCG?

• Thread starter buckembarnes
  • Start date
buckembarnes

buckembarnes

Collector
Towns Folk
Recently I've been really getting into the card game, and I thought I'd make a thread if anyone wanted to talk about it! I'd be interested in hearing about decks you've built, strategies, experiences playing with others, your favorite cards, etc! Think of this as the one-stop shop for all things Pokemon TCG!

I'll start off with my new deck I've been experimenting with. It's a variant of the second place Worlds 2017's Golisopod/Garbodor, and so far I really like it! It's got 4 Guzmas and 4 Acerolas to maximize Golisopod's damage output while denying knock outs. I know it's not the best thing in the format right now, but it's really fun to play! I've also been working on a Gardevoir GX deck that's almost finished now!

One thing that's been difficult to me is finding Leles. I pulled a Hyper Rare from a couple of loose packs one time at League, but haven't been able to get another since! I've been using just the one in my Golisopod deck and it seems to do okay, but I think it'd benefit from another. Not to mention the decklist I'm trying to put together for Gardevoir has two Leles too! I figure they can share, but it's hard to get together the cash to buy another! I keep hoping to pull one instead! >.<

Is there a Pokémon League near you? Those are SOOO fun to join when you play the TCG! I'm a part of the Pokémon League near where I live, and basically, it involves battling against each other, getting a pack of cards every week, and a giveaway on the final Friday of the month! I don't know how much it would cost where you live, if anywhere, but for me, it's $10 per month! I'd totally recommend for PTCG players to join a league!

As for my decks, I have a water deck, a psychic/fire deck, and a fighting deck! Still trying to improve my deck, but there are quite a few GX's and EX's im each! I have Charizard EX, Mega Blastoise EX, Decidueye GX, Toxipex GX (Full Art), Alolan Ninetales GX (Rainbow), and other cards!

Ooh, you know what would be a good idea? Having a virtual Pokémon Card battle with your own decks! I know there's PTCGO, but you can't transfer all your cards onto there, so this sounds like a cool idea in my opinion! :D

There's a couple Leagues sorta close to me (half hour drive), one at a Library and one at a comic shop! They don't cost anything, but you don't get packs or giveaways. You do sometimes get Play! promo cards from them, though! I have a lot of fun there, it's definitely worth the drive! It's a great way to meet other players and practice your decks!

I love the Rainbow Ninetales GX art! Very lovely! Do you have a binder to put all the good cards you're not using in? I like to tote them around to league so I have a pretty big binder. It's cheap, but it was only $7 dollars at Walmart so. ^^' I love Toxapex though. I used to have a Garbodor/Toxapex deck. I actually just pulled another yesterday when I bought a few packs!

It'd be great if it was easier to play decks you own, but I end up with a lot of code cards so it's not that hard for me to trade the cards I need to build my decks. (I have a friend who buys a lot and doesn't play online.) It's also a great way to test decks you're thinking of building!

For deck building, I recommend 4 Sycamore, 4 N, 2-3 Guzma, and at least one Acerola. Those four are great Supporters to have in your deck!

Reactions: Link-182
I used to play the Pokemon TCGO (mainly because the real cards aren't available in my region). But the game became glitchy and was taking too much space on the computer, so I uninstalled it.

I still follow the competitive TCG and all the latest expansions (whenever I can) and even build decks at some point. Honestly though, the game is waaay too fun, just like a collectable game should be. Like I said, I don't own many cards, not even in the online version.

If you guys collect that muck, you must have like an entire pile of (mostly useless) cards :O How do you store them? lel

I do have a lot bulk, which I store in boxes until I get enough I can sell to my local comic book store, haha! Right now, bulk is very cheap though, so I'm waiting to sell. The good cards I store in my binder.

That sucks that cards aren't available where you are! Do you mind if I ask the general region where you live?

Back