SMT x FE Anyone still interested in buying Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date

Getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

• Total voters
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
I actually want to buy this game, even though Nintendo has censored the North American version. There is no way I will for over 20 dollars more for the special edition, so I am getting the standard edition. I am not too bothered by censorship, so pretty excited for this game. Anyone else buying it?

This is pretty much one of the last major wii u exclusive titles, which is why I might as well get it so I got something new to play with. What mainly made me want to buy the game was the dungeons and combat system.

Not anymore :panda:

No. I don't have a Wii U, and if I did, I still wouldn't buy it. Heck, it can be free and I still wouldn't

Reactions: atomic_ian
I'm not after I've seen what its like.

After some investigation, I may not consider buying this game. They censored the most stupidest things, and on top of that, there is day 1 dlc. Very disappointed in the unnecessary censorship. Though its not a big deal for me, I think it was simply unnecessary. I will wait for some reviews and then consider.

After some investigation, I may not consider buying this game. They censored the most stupidest things, and on top of that, there is day 1 dlc. Very disappointed in the unnecessary censorship. Though its not a big deal for me, I think it was simply unnecessary. I will wait for some reviews and then consider.
I hate to defend this game, but Day 1 DLC isn't something I can knock it for if it wasn't Day 1 DLC in Japan.

I used to be hyped for it, until I saw the trailers and the "Super Saiyan Marth" video. I like Japan and stuff, but I didn't expected the cross-over to go that way (tell me I'm not alone to have expected a more FE-esque theme), and honestly, I won't go for the game.

Reactions: spagooti, atomic_ian, Marc and 1 other person
I used to be hyped for it, until I saw the trailers and the "Super Saiyan Marth" video. I like Japan and stuff, but I didn't expected the cross-over to go that way (tell me I'm not alone to have expected a more FE-esque theme), and honestly, I won't go for the game.
Yeah, the pop idol stuff might be a turn off for most people, but there is only 15 minutes worth of those live scenes. I also expected it to be more dark, but this game looks quite light hearted (not as dark as Persona or SMT).

The review was actually not that bad. http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/tokyo_mirage_sessions_fe

Besides the censorship, I think the dungeons and combat system are spot on. Even Metacritic has good ratings on this game. If you are willing to look past the idols and the absence of one or two things, it actually quite an awesome game.

The characters look interesting and memorable, and it simply looks pretty. The J-Pop soundtrack sounds nice also and the gameplay seems like a lot of fun. Enough for me to buy it in my book.

i am still temped so idk

I bought it and i loved it so meh

ey I will buy it

tbh I just wonder if i will like the story

Last edited by a moderator:
Not anymore :panda:

are you not getting it because they censored tsubasa's bra

I don't even know what they censored but I enjoy the game. The puzzles are simple (until chapter 4 because that's over kill) and it has a fairly easy difficulty curve. Yes the idol stuff is cringey and it's not that dark and a bit ridiculous but the gameplay is enjoyable

Was that game even relevant after they showed the long version of the trailer? The mechanics are fine i guess but everything else is just plain bad, especially the fact that it´s trying to be two games but it´s not here nor there it just is.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I saw the trailer when it was first released, looked kinda cool, but it didn't really interest me all that much. I'd rather put my money towards a game I will actually enjoy. The pop idol scenario wasn't really a good addition, either.

I saw the trailer when it was first released, looked kinda cool, but it didn't really interest me all that much. I'd rather put my money towards a game I will actually enjoy. The pop idol scenario wasn't really a good addition, either.
Ignore this game exists, and remember that it's not a Fire Emblem game :D

Reactions: Mikaya
I'd be interested in buying it if I actually had a Wii U ._. Although I might get one, so it's a possibility.

See, I COULD waste 60 dollars and be disappointed with my poor financial choices, buuuut I'd rather save the money for a good game that DOESNT completely disappoint over 90% of the fanbase

NO.

I'm still gonna buy #FE. The later trailers might not have showcased the game properly, but I know it'll be an enjoyable game, at least for me. Since I'm not a full-fledged weeaboo, censorship won't bother me lel.

Back