Anyone still like donkey kong country games?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Well basically what topic says hehe :p anyone still like donkey kong country games? I certainly still do, even recently bought diddy's kong quest on 3DS VC and still love it. I like the level design and the music in the games, and to keep it simple theyve always been fun for me in a kinda mysterious way despite playing them multiple times (specifically DKC original one on SNES). Theyve always been some of my personal favorites for so long, and I kinda wondered if anyone here played and still likes them since i enjoy them so much :p

Of course!, Donkey Kong Country return was one of the games I bought along with my 3ds (not VC but whatever), it's platform style is really fun and I also liked its art design and music. Haven't played any other DKC games on my 3ds tho, which ones do you recommend?

Reactions: Kadaj
Of course!, Donkey Kong Country return was one of the games I bought along with my 3ds (not VC but whatever), it's platform style is really fun and I also liked its art design and music. Haven't played any other DKC games on my 3ds tho, which ones do you recommend?

Hey i liked that one too! Donkey kong country returns 3d was pretty fun, i should put sun/moon down and play that one again actually (aside from diamond/pearl lol thats been forever XD). As for suggestions though, i dont know about a bunch of 3ds titles in the series except donkey kong country (original SNES version, VC but only for new 3ds and wii u in that section), donkey kong country diddy's kong quest (my personal favorite !) along with the one you mentioned. There was a donkey kong country 3 in the VC but haven't played it so can't say much >~<

As for the best choice from the above, it would depend on what sort of player you are. If you're a casual player i suggest donkey kong country since that one doesn't have as much complexity as diddy's kong quest. Im typically a casual player personally, but even so kong quest is my favorite. Again, loved both but been into that one more recently. If you want more of a challenge or super search so to speak, i suggest diddy's kong quest. There is tons of stuff to collect in that game in order to get the full 100%: krem coins, the big DK coins, and the krem coins are hidden in secret areas throughout the levels (many if not all of them are like a puzzle you need to get through or task to complete to get the krem coin within the time limit. The clock runs out, well you probably know what that means lol) along with a special surprise later on if you get all of these in the game! :p hope i didn't spoil too much !

I do! I usually play some stages before going to bed or even before going to work. Besides, I love the new country games. The one released on the wii Donkey Kong country returns and I must say I loved Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, I remember only playing that game for almost a month straight. I love it.

I do! I usually play some stages before going to bed or even before going to work. Besides, I love the new country games. The one released on the wii Donkey Kong country returns and I must say I loved Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, I remember only playing that game for almost a month straight. I love it.

Glad you said something...I never would've known that you liked DK otherwise. xD

Yeah boi, I do! Don't tell the Nintendo ninjas, but I've been playing all three games on my be-hacked 3DS for a while now. Not to mention I bought Returns for the 3DS a while ago and loved the heck out of it. God, I can't imagine how people played that sucker on the Wii. (SHAKEY SHAKEY SHAKEY)

Anyway, the Donkey Kong games resonate with me really well. Even back to the first, the games are nearly bursting with charm and excellent presentation. And the controls feel like an extension of your thoughts, kinda like Mario! Love Donkey Kong and his games, even his sub-games. Mario vs. Donkey Kong is one of my favorite video game series of all time. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kadaj and EstebanTill2
Yeah boi, I do! Don't tell the Nintendo ninjas, but I've been playing all three games on my be-hacked 3DS for a while now. Not to mention I bought Returns for the 3DS a while ago and loved the heck out of it. God, I can't imagine how people played that sucker on the Wii. (SHAKEY SHAKEY SHAKEY)

Anyway, the Donkey Kong games resonate with me really well. Even back to the first, the games are nearly bursting with charm and excellent presentation. And the controls feel like an extension of your thoughts, kinda like Mario! Love Donkey Kong and his games, even his sub-games. Mario vs. Donkey Kong is one of my favorite video game series of all time. :D

I know right? They're super fun :p I cant even count how many times id play donkey kong country returns 3d or even the original on SNES since i was bored and didn't know what to play, always kept me playing for a good while! ^~^

I still enjoy games from the series (the original was the best, in my opinion, where it all started). I suppose the latest one I have owned and beaten is Tropical Freeze (Wii U). That game made me ragequit countless times, At one point I even took a month or two break and decided to get into it. I would like to revisit 1, 2 and 3 for the SNES (might have to be played on an emulator though, I don't have the console, Or any of the physical cartridges). It's a wonderful series, Full of interesting storylines, Great characters, Challenging levels and witty comedy.

I still play the DonkeyKong Country Returns games some, but there hasn't been a new one in three years, and I've alleys pretty much done everything you can do in the games. I personally thought that DKCR was better than Tropical Freeze in everything except music.

Back