AC:NL Anything to do in New Leaf?

• Thread starter Apollo
  • Start date
Apollo

Apollo

Time Mage
Towns Folk
I tried to play the Animal Crossing game on my DS back then but I wasn't too interested. I became curious to play New Leaf on the 3ds since some people here play Animal Crossing. I decided to grab a copy yesterday and I played it. About an hour or so, I got bored playing it. For now, I guess I'm still too early in the game and there wasn't much to do yet. Any tips on making the game fun or enjoyable?

I wish I had encouraging words for you, but I don't. I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf a while back and couldn't get into it. I play now and again but after about 30 minutes get bored. There just isn't a lot of stuff to do.

I tried to play the Animal Crossing game on my DS back then but I wasn't too interested. I became curious to play New Leaf on the 3ds since some people here play Animal Crossing. I decided to grab a copy yesterday and I played it. About an hour or so, I got bored playing it. For now, I guess I'm still too early in the game and there wasn't much to do yet. Any tips on making the game fun or enjoyable?
Try making the town your own, customization is a huge thing in this game. Also it takes about a week (Unless you time travel) to unlock the majority of the game if you only played for 1 hour then you have hardly seen what the game can be like. :)

Source: Me as I have played for almost 500 hours in game lol.

Reactions: Livada
The first 2 days I'd say are tedious, you don't have proper tools and not much to do, but once you get tools and bigger shops for instance, it's tons of fun. Specially whn you unlock the island, you can play mini games online with friends =)

Reactions: Leafeon1010 and 3dsatackman
If you got bored while playing it in the begining, then maybe it's just not your kind of game. But that's compleatly ok!

Personally I really enjoy the game, it's not fast paced, it's relaxing and it's a game where you set your own goals. The first things I do when making a new town on New Leaf is pay off my first house loan then unlock the island. I then pay off all my loans by using the island and I can do all that in about a week. Next I go and unlock the public works and start on them. At this point I'm starting to shape my town and make it look how I would like it to.

After this point the game does become a bit more well, boring, and my intrest usually starts to decrease. But I still check on my town a few times a week and I set myself goals like 'Compleate the museium' or 'Get some of the badges' or 'Make the town exactly how I want it to' or even something as simple as 'Get 1 million bells'.

The whole point of Animal Crossing in general is that you set your own goals to do. there's no quests (Except I guess for the little tasks you can do), no elaborate storyline or anything like that. It's just you, your villagers and whatever you want to do.

once you get public work projects bells and better items its pretty fun you can go on shopping sprees and get the manikin and put you favorite cloths stile get all the bugs fish and sea creatures and get fossils to complete the museum and you can also get all the badges and the last thing is completing you house expansions

If you got bored while playing it in the begining, then maybe it's just not your kind of game. But that's compleatly ok!

Personally I really enjoy the game, it's not fast paced, it's relaxing and it's a game where you set your own goals. The first things I do when making a new town on New Leaf is pay off my first house loan then unlock the island. I then pay off all my loans by using the island and I can do all that in about a week. Next I go and unlock the public works and start on them. At this point I'm starting to shape my town and make it look how I would like it to.

After this point the game does become a bit more well, boring, and my intrest usually starts to decrease. But I still check on my town a few times a week and I set myself goals like 'Compleate the museium' or 'Get some of the badges' or 'Make the town exactly how I want it to' or even something as simple as 'Get 1 million bells'.

The whole point of Animal Crossing in general is that you set your own goals to do. there's no quests (Except I guess for the little tasks you can do), no elaborate storyline or anything like that. It's just you, your villagers and whatever you want to do.
By tasks you mean like getting the villagers what they want or playing hide and seek

Last edited by a moderator:
When I just started out it was pretty boring for me too because I started playing after midnight when all the shops were closed. To be honest it wasn't wery interesting until I unlocked public works project.
Now I'm playing the game every single day little by little and do some routine stuff like digging fossils, working in the coffee shop and so on. And I also make sure the cool and cute looking villagers stay in town and others move away (Static is moving soon, yay ^^).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I guess this game needs a lot of patience before I could fully enjoy what the game has to offer. I am still in the process of getting my building permit to get approved. Isabelle said it could take a day or more (seriously?! @.@) . I need to muster up my patience with this one.

By tasks you mean like getting the villagers what they want or playing hide and seek

Yeah like that. So like the lost items, doing what the villagers want and yeah, playing hide and seek.

Thanks everyone! I guess this game needs a lot of patience before I could fully enjoy what the game has to offer. I am still in the process of getting my building permit to get approved. Isabelle said it could take a day or more (seriously?! @.@) . I need to muster up my patience with this one.

You can change the date in game (Go to the screen with Isabelle at the start and click on "I need help first..." Then "Change date and time) to speed up processes, that's what I usually do most of the time. Once you've paied off your first house loan do go and unlock the island as that'll speed up the process of getting money :)

Yeah like that. So like the lost items, doing whast the villagers want and yeah, playing hide and seek.

You can change the date in game (Go to the screen with Isabelle at the start and click on "I need help first..." Then "Change date and time) to speed up processes, that's what I usually do most of the time. Once you've paied off your first house loan do go and unlock the island as that'll speed up the process of getting money :)
Same thing here

Just make sure you don't speed up for more than two days without checking town first because you may lose a villager you don't want to lose :p I almost lost Molly that way ;-;

Reactions: 28142

I tried it and it worked! I read that changing the clock would somehow ruin some things in town. But, nothing seems to be out of place. Thanks for the tip!

I tried it and it worked! I read that changing the clock would somehow ruin some things in town. But, nothing seems to be out of place. Thanks for the tip!

No problem :) You just gotta be careful about how far in the future/past you go at once otherwise weeds will take over your town (But you can play a fun minigame if this happens and you can get a prize!) or like what @Livada said you could loose villagers by not being there to convince them to stay.

No problem :) You just gotta be careful about how far in the future/past you go at once otherwise weeds will take over your town (But you can play a fun minigame if this happens and you can get a prize!) or like what @Livada said you could loose villagers by not being there to convince them to stay.

I just checked the town. I got 2 new villagers haha

Reactions: 28142 and Livada
Ahhh this is my favourite game! I've owned it for a few years now and I'll have off periods where I don't play it, but I always come back and I love it. Once you get past the main awkward tutorially bits, it's a lot of fun. There's quite a bit you can customize which is where a lot of the charm comes from, for me! I like to change up paths, outfits, and flower placements every now and then.

If you like collecting things this game is also really great for that! I'm such a hoarder, but the game lets me be that way! Plus catching the new bugs, fish, underwater creatures, and getting new paintings is fun. For me, anyways. :p As you play you unlock new things to build which add to the towns charm and you'll find new furniture pieces to complete sets and all that, it is a slow game though if you don't time travel. The negatives to time traveling is missing or new villagers (newbies can be a con if you're big on plot resetting), flowers dying, weeds appearing, and if you have turnips they go bad automatically. Plus the possibility you'll miss different events.

Playing with friends/trading communities are also a big part of the fun, for me anyways! I like collecting new things, ergo trading being fun :p And playing games with friends or even just seeing what their town layout looks like is fun!

I hope you have fun with the game! I know it doesn't click with everybody, but I find that when you can get into it you really enjoy yourself. ^o^

Reactions: Leafeon1010 and Livada
It's unfortunate that I've done pretty much everything in the game, discovered the island's glorious riches, and really just ended up burning myself out on it. I tried getting back into it by breeding the flowers outside my house, but it's just not the same as hoarding everything I can possibly find.
*twitches* I don't have a problem. *twitches*

But, really, the gardening kept me active in the game for a good while, and it was enjoyable.

It's unfortunate that I've done pretty much everything in the game, discovered the island's glorious riches, and really just ended up burning myself out on it. I tried getting back into it by breeding the flowers outside my house, but it's just not the same as hoarding everything I can possibly find.
*twitches* I don't have a problem. *twitches*

But, really, the gardening kept me active in the game for a good while, and it was enjoyable.
You can breed flowers?

Ahhh this is my favourite game! I've owned it for a few years now and I'll have off periods where I don't play it, but I always come back and I love it. Once you get past the main awkward tutorially bits, it's a lot of fun. There's quite a bit you can customize which is where a lot of the charm comes from, for me! I like to change up paths, outfits, and flower placements every now and then.

If you like collecting things this game is also really great for that! I'm such a hoarder, but the game lets me be that way! Plus catching the new bugs, fish, underwater creatures, and getting new paintings is fun. For me, anyways. :p As you play you unlock new things to build which add to the towns charm and you'll find new furniture pieces to complete sets and all that, it is a slow game though if you don't time travel. The negatives to time traveling is missing or new villagers (newbies can be a con if you're big on plot resetting), flowers dying, weeds appearing, and if you have turnips they go bad automatically. Plus the possibility you'll miss different events.

Playing with friends/trading communities are also a big part of the fun, for me anyways! I like collecting new things, ergo trading being fun :p And playing games with friends or even just seeing what their town layout looks like is fun!

I hope you have fun with the game! I know it doesn't click with everybody, but I find that when you can get into it you really enjoy yourself. ^o^
Playing with friends is always fun. I've played with @Leafeon1010 because I needed(bought) stuff from her the other day

Oh, yeah, mix breeding flowers by placing certain ones together to get unique and rarer colors. I had a hoard of random colors of tulips, roses, etc. I remember having quite a few black carnations due to how long I played. I saved my favorite ones into my house and inventory before I stopped pretty much playing.

EDIT: "mix breeding" is the wrong wording. You have to place flowers of the same type, but of different colors, next to each other. Water them, wait a while/let a day pass, and if you get lucky, pink tulips.

Playing with friends is always fun. I've played with @Leafeon1010 because I needed(bought) stuff from her the other day
Yeah! There are also... other things to do. Like...
Making Villagers Fall into Pitfalls
Going to club LOL (You might have to go to another town)
Decorating your house
...And a LOT more. Need anymore things just tell me! ^^

Back