Phoenix Wright Apollo Justice

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
The mainline game Apollo Justice, centered around the character Apollo and not Phoenix Wright, is being remade for the 3DS. Anyone who missed it/want to replay it planning on giving it a try?

I will definitely be giving it another play through. Especially since I'm currently going through Spirit of Justice again.

FYI though, this information is somewhat old news.

Lol I know, but I didn't see a thread so figured may as well start one. Apollo Justice was a good game, but I felt that it was one of the worst of the main series. Trials and Tribulations, the first one and Dual Destinies were far better

I would hazard to say Justice for All is actually the worst one despite its improvements on recurring staples and features in the franchise. That circus case is just insufferable to run through even after several times, not to mention it contributes literally nothing to the overall plot except shoehorning in a reason why a certain prosecutor isn't around. At the very least all of Apollo Justice's cases are enjoyable (even if the finale runs a bit too long for its stay.)

The problem with AJ was that the game was clearly set up for a sequel but because of the negative reception it got, the next game didn't bother following up on any of the dangling plot threads and they shoved Apollo to the side. Still a good game.

The problem with AJ was that the game was clearly set up for a sequel but because of the negative reception it got, the next game didn't bother following up on any of the dangling plot threads and they shoved Apollo to the side. Still a good game.

His character may have been pushed aside to accommodate Phoenix and newcomer Athena, but Apollo's arc got resolved between the next two games, with more emphasis on him in Spirit of Justice funnily enough.

His character may have been pushed aside to accommodate Phoenix and newcomer Athena, but Apollo's arc got resolved between the next two games, with more emphasis on him in Spirit of Justice funnily enough.

Remind me what happened to Kristoph's black psyche locks...
Or the fact that Apollo & Trucy still don't know that they're related or that their mother is still alive.

Also, Apollo's arc in dual destinies was essentially retconned in SoJ (which did a far better job of giving him a mentor figure).

Personally, I think they should just retire phoenix and shift the focus onto Athena. He's had way too much time in the spotlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remind me what happened to Kristoph's black psyche locks...
Or the fact that Apollo & Trucy still don't know that they're related or that their mother is still alive.

Also, Apollo's arc in dual destinies was essentially retconned in SoJ (which did a far better job of giving him a mentor figure).

Both things that they can come back to at any point. I'll concede that Apollo and Trucy should be wrapped up, but Kristoph's black psyche locks don't need to be; it's meant to represent the fact that Kristoph simply will not indulge in his secret of his own volition. The same goes for Athena in Dual Destinies, which further explains that she doesn't even know the truth and trying to pressure her into it will damage her psyche.

As for DD's backstory for Apollo being in conflict with SoJ's backstory, it really isn't. SoJ's backstory happens first, he has to move away due to things heating up in Ku'rain, then DD's backstory happens later. Now that Apollo's out of the picture for now, Ace Attorney 7 (which is going to be released on the Switch) can focus on Phoenix and Athena, instead of juggling three main characters.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Both things that they can come back to at any point. I'll concede that Apollo and Trucy should be wrapped up, but Kristoph's black psyche locks don't need to be; it's meant to represent the fact that Kristoph simply will not indulge in his secret of his own volition. The same goes for Athena in Dual Destinies, which further explains that she doesn't even know the truth and trying to pressure her into it will damage her psyche.

As for DD's backstory for Apollo being in conflict with SoJ's backstory, it really isn't. SoJ's backstory happens first, he has to move away due to things heating up in Ku'rain, then DD's backstory happens later. Now that Apollo's out of the picture for now, Ace Attorney 7 (which is going to be released on the Switch) can focus on Phoenix and Athena, instead of juggling three main characters.

Oh, I thought they just retconned things.
I still think the black psyche locks should be revealed. We've seen Edgeworths (in AA1 he technically had them), and Athenas. I have seen some interesting theories that his BPL's are essentially jealousy for Klavier, but that would take too long to go into.

Personally, If they wanted to covert Apollo & Trucy's parentage, the end of spirit of justice would have been the perfect time to tell them that their mother is still alive. Or, in a future game, there could be a really emotion-heavy case where she ends up as the victim.

I still stand by what I said about Phoenix hopefully being relegated to permanent mentor. He's had way too much time in the spotlight (Dual Destinies should have just been Apollo & Athena)

There's really not that much to reveal about black psyche locks at this point. What we've been given from Dual Destinies is about as good as it'll get on the informative side. Kinda like how I'd love to see The Phantom's true identity/who he works for, or the Founder's Orb being used properly, but they are both just left as is.

And that's fine. As it stands though, Phoenix will still be around and playable, just possibly less so in favor of Athena for the next game.

There's really not that much to reveal about black psyche locks at this point. What we've been given from Dual Destinies is about as good as it'll get on the informative side. Kinda like how I'd love to see The Phantom's true identity/who he works for, or the Founder's Orb being used properly, but they are both just left as is.

And that's fine. As it stands though, Phoenix will still be around and playable, just possibly less so in favor of Athena for the next game.

Yeah, the Phantom's organisation is something that definitely should've been followed up on; his identity isn't that important though.
I think it would be a good idea for Investigations 3 maybe...

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back