• Thread starter RoyStorm
  • Start date

Who's More Annoying?

• Total voters
RoyStorm

RoyStorm

I SHALL EMBRACE MY INNER-CHILD!
Towns Folk
Don't you guys think you are exaggerating a bit? I mean, sure they can be SLIGHTLY Annoying, but they don't actually stop me every 2 seconds with Useless information. . .i mean, i played through both games (OoT and SS) a million times, and I still don't know large.jpg why everyone hates them. ..

Last edited by a moderator:
that first image ;-; ( I recommend removing it 'cuz [language] ... :p)

I've personally never found Navi annoying, only when I'm trying to kill a Stalfos in OoT which requires concentration but as soon as you L-Target it, Navi bombards you with "Hey! Listen"s Also the unhelpful tips on your journey ;~; (On my first run of OoT, I seriously couldn't understand the meaning of what Navi said

Never played Skyward Sword much to determine if Fi was annoying :playful:

that first image ;-; ( I recommend removing it 'cuz [language] ... :p)

I've personally never found Navi annoying, only when I'm trying to kill a Stalfos in OoT which requires concentration but as soon as you L-Target it, Navi bombards you with "Hey! Listen"s Also the unhelpful tips on your journey ;~; (On my first run of OoT, I seriously couldn't understand the meaning of what Navi said

Never played Skyward Sword much to determine if Fi was annoying :playful:
I dont think Its gonna let me

I haven't played Skyward Sword so I really don't know about Fi, but I have played Ocarina of Time. To be fair, Navi wasn't that annoying. She was helpful at some points, especially for Z targeting. Some of the tips she gives you when fighting an enemy made it easier to beat. When I was younger, I never understood what Navi was saying. Instead of "Hey, Listen!" I thought she said something else.

Reactions: Mikaya
Navi was all right in the DS games (Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks) but in Ocarina of Time... dear God in Ocarina of Time she's terrible. Her 'hey listen' didn't annoy me as much as her fairy-sparkle sound effect, so I always put her away, but every time I had Link roll or something insignificant happened, she'd come out again and that nauseating sparkly sound effect would play. I'm certain her annoying sound effect is the reason I still haven't finished OoT 3D.

From when I played OoT, I wasn't really annoyed by the "Hey listen"s but i think I was more annoyed by the constant tips she would give you, although I can't really complain because some people prefer to have tips in-game. Although Fi, I'm not so sure, cause I haven't played skyward sword yet.

Navi was all right in the DS games (Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks) but in Ocarina of Time... dear God in Ocarina of Time she's terrible. Her 'hey listen' didn't annoy me as much as her fairy-sparkle sound effect, so I always put her away, but every time I had Link roll or something insignificant happened, she'd come out again and that nauseating sparkly sound effect would play. I'm certain her annoying sound effect is the reason I still haven't finished OoT 3D.
Actually, they made her less "annoying" in OoT3D, because compared to her Original Debut, she doesn't bug the player as much. Also, Navi wasn't in the DS Games, only OoT and it's 3DS remake

Actually, they made her less "annoying" in OoT3D, because compared to her Original Debut, she doesn't bug the player as much. Also, Navi wasn't in the DS Games, only OoT and it's 3DS remake
Then who's the fairy in the DS games? She looks like Navi, sounds like Navi... oh, she's Ciela. Pfft, it's Navi with a different name :p

I haven't played Skyward Sword so I really don't know about Fi, but I have played Ocarina of Time. To be fair, Navi wasn't that annoying. She was helpful at some points, especially for Z targeting. Some of the tips she gives you when fighting an enemy made it easier to beat. When I was younger, I never understood what Navi was saying. Instead of "Hey, Listen!" I thought she said something else.

Finally. Someone who agrees with me. I thought I was the only one who didn't think she was annoying

Then who's the fairy in the DS games? She looks like Navi, sounds like Navi... oh, she's Ciela. Pfft, it's Navi with a different name :p
Now here's a good question:
who is more annoying:
Tael?
Navi?
Or Celia(IDFK her name it's been a long time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally. Someone who agrees with me. I thought I was the only one who didn't think she was annoying

who is more annoying:
Tael?
Navi?
Totally Navi. I still find the fairy sparkle sound effect horrible. Some stuff in games has that effect on me, like I'd have to close my eyes when I changed Personas in Persona 3 Portable or I'd get this brain aneurysms-y feeling.

Totally Navi. I still find the fairy sparkle sound effect horrible. Some stuff in games has that effect on me, like I'd have to close my eyes when I changed Personas in Persona 3 Portable or I'd get this brain aneurysms-y feeling.
XD wow.

I actually enjoyed Fi. I thought maybe sometimes she was even helpful. Overall i just liked Skyward sword.

I actually enjoyed Fi. I thought maybe sometimes she was even helpful. Overall i just liked Skyward sword.
Same. And that final scene was emotional, unless you hated her, then it wasn't as sad.

who is more annoying:
Tael?
Navi?
I'm going to count Navi and Tael as the same character since they have the same role in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. They are both somewhat useful, but their info is somewhat tedious. Tael doesn't help you much when fighting Majora and Navi doesn't help at all when fighting Ganon.
"I really don't know where his weak point is!" ~Navi.
Celia isn't annoying at all, but that sparkling sound doesn't stop, and you can't put her away. So who is more annoying? The answer may be obvious.

Although I have never really found any of the Zelda companions to be truly annoying, I did find Fi to be more annoying than Navi, mainly in a sense that, unlike Navi, Fi spoon fed you useless information every two minutes or so. This became especially annoying as I got acquainted with the world, and felt less need for Fi's help, which could not be disabled, and was near constant.

Back