• Thread starter Snivysaur
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snivysaur

Snivysaur

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Well, I've decided to get Pokemon X/Y but my local store only sells US versions (I have a EU 3DS XL). So my question is, will it work on my console?
P.S. US Pokemon White 2 worked on my 3DS so that's why I'm so insure. I can't just waste 60 bucks on a game I can't play!

Well, I've decided to get Pokemon X/Y but my local store only sells US versions (I have a EU 3DS XL). So my question is, will it work on my console?
P.S. US Pokemon White 2 worked on my 3DS so that's why I'm so insure. I can't just waste 60 bucks on a game I can't play!
I think so , I'm not really sure but all the information I currently know is that if you bought a 3ds game from japan and tried to insert it in a NA 3DS it won't work , I'm not really positive that all this information that I stated is true so it's better to be safe than sorry.

The 3ds is region locked so therefor the cards are region locked. The regular DS wasn't region locked.

Reactions: Marc
The 3ds is region locked so therefor the cards are region locked. The regular DS wasn't region locked.
Yes , BAM I was right ! it's a sad thing why'd they had to region lock the 3DS..... If they had not done so it would be great but I think Nintendo is doing this for a specific reason... Which I currently have no information on it.

Yes , BAM I was right ! it's a sad thing why'd they had to region lock the 3DS..... If they had not done so it would be great but I think Nintendo is doing this for a specific reason... Which I currently have no information on it.

Only thing I can think of besides money is the eShops. Seems like having it region locked makes it easier. But I'm not to sure. xD

Yes, almost everything on the 3DS is region-locked - credit cards included. It's very restrictive to be honest.

It depends on the game card itself whether or not you can play the game if you have a different region card, but you shouldn't take the chance since almost all of them can't be played on other region 3DSes. You should search for EU region games. Good luck :)

Reactions: Marc and JunZhi
The only non-region locked thing for the 3DS are DS games.
3DS things are region-locked.

What about in "Europe"? For example, for a German eshop code to work with UK eshop?

What about in "Europe"? For example, for a German eshop code to work with UK eshop?
I think that the European region isn't affected by this stupidity as much. By this I mean, yeah a UK eshop card probably should work if I'm correct. I mean, I know Marc is saying set the country setting to UK if you're a European gamer and win the Secret Santa Contest to download a game.

Yes it is region locked but if you have a credit card you can go onto the eShop and download it. It is kind of annoying though isn't it? If you don't have a credit card then you will just have to go to europe to get it or try to get it from a friend or something.

where are you from canada? if so go to game stop or wolmart. they usaly have they there. also my corner stor started caring 50$ and 20$ cards. so i am planning on getting some soon.

where are you from canada? if so go to game stop or wolmart. they usaly have they there. also my corner stor started caring 50$ and 20$ cards. so i am planning on getting some soon.

He just said he had a European Nintendo 3DS XL, LOL

for all we know the guy could have moved to North America. calm down.
I think eshop cards are region locked too even in Canada but perhaps I'm wrong

:banghead: lol i did not see that thanks for pointing that out. also why would europe have american 3ds cards? or does he live n america?

Uh, so I emailed Nintendo and they said the currency must match the store's so then they can be used. So, a German code (€) will not work on a UK shop (£).
:banghead: lol i did not see that thanks for pointing that out. also why would europe have american 3ds cards? or does he live n america?
Actually, I live in Asia but there's no "official" game store here so the shops just import 3DS from other countries (specifically, Europe) and they overprice the games

Sorry! You can't that game well that's true nintendo game card also have region lock. You can't play any American game in Japanese nintendo and in your you all need european game card to play that game.hope this help

Please don't bump up year-old threads that are no longer relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back