Phoenix Wright Are you going to buy Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright?? or do you have it already?

• Thread starter Policroll
  • Start date

Are you going to buy Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney? Or do you already have it?

• I already have it

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I'm thinking of buying it

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I'm definitly going to buy it!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Maybe in the future

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I'll pass this one

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Policroll

Policroll

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Gb9dq4X.png

Are you going to buy Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney??
I'm from Europe and I've played it already and I just LOVED IT!!!! :D:D:D

So, now I'm wondering are you going to buy the game?
If you're from Europe, Australia or Japan, do you already have it or are you going to buy it or not?

~Nielspieleke:thumbsup:

This game is good (enough), costs $35 as a crossover title. We always love both Layton and Phoenix Wright series. What this game lacks is the interesting antagonists, which both series have. Well, it's just lovely that both protagonists we love finally met each others.

This game is good (enough), costs $35 as a crossover title. We always love both Layton and Phoenix Wright series. What this game lacks is the interesting antagonists, which both series have. Well, it's just lovely that both protagonists we love finally met each others.
If you're interested, what about reviewing it for 3DS Pedia? I don't know much about the two series so I wouldn't be much use for it, you're one of the best reviewers we have, and retail game reviews on 3DS Pedia are scarce compared to eShop-smaller-release ones which is a very 'say it isn't so' thing :panda: I can contact the publisher about it if you want, and if all goes well you might be able to get it free (in a way, because IMO writing good reviews is harder than buying games :p) as a bonus :cat:

Reactions: faustine and dwikrid
Only ever played one Phoenix Wright game and found it soooo frustrating to play, and didn't like the slow pace of the only Prof. Layton game I got, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (just when the story gets going, another annoying puzzle gets thrown your way). I'll have to see a few Walkthrough videos and see how the game functions before saying yes or no on buying it.

just when the story gets going, another annoying puzzle gets thrown your way
Well the Professor Layton games are puzzle games.....

Reactions: faustine
I know lol, but as soon as I'm about to get juicy info, I get a chuffing puzzle first :D

I only have the one PL game so had no idea at the time that that was how the game played out.

Well, as I know, this crossover has both gameplays - puzzles and court trials.

"I'm definitly going to buy it!
2 vote(s)
50.0%"
As soon as it drops in price. I love Ace Attorney (Favorite handheld game series, by far), as you might guess on my avatar, but I'm not a big fan of the Layton series, so I'm holding it off a bit. But yeah, I'll get it. I wouldn't be able to resist, and I think I'd be stupid to try.

I'm going to pass on this one.

I haven't seen much of the game but the Ace Attorney franchise looks incredibly boring to me, although I did like the first 3 Layton games (past 3 have been really bland).

I'm going to pass on this one.

I haven't seen much of the game but the Ace Attorney franchise looks incredibly boring to me, although I did like the first 3 Layton games (past 3 have been really bland).
Indeed, Layton has more gaming aspects than Ace Attorney series. Ace Attorney series is more like a visual novel about lawyer, court trial, testimonies... If someone didn't like how it unfolds the story, it would be boring after all.

I've seen reviews of this game (and the other games in these two different series) and I must say it does like very intriguing! I don't believe I will ever buy it ( for the sake of having enough money for super smash bros 3d haha) but maybe one day I guess...?

I really looking forward to it!
I need to finish some layton games before it (i also need some money for this and smash hehe).

I'm going to pass too. I've only played the latest Ace Attorney game's demo when they released it on the NA eShop and it didn't really catch my attention. As for Professor Layton, I'm not too big on puzzle games, :panda:

I don't think I'll enjoy a mixture of both of those games tbh.

I have a 0% chance of buying this game. It has never come close to catching my attention and neither has Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney or Professor Layton captured my attention.

I'm going to pass too. I've only played the latest Ace Attorney game's demo when they released it on the NA eShop and it didn't really catch my attention. As for Professor Layton, I'm not too big on puzzle games, :panda:
I guess you have to watch previous Ace Attorney gameplays, Marc. The demo didn't show the overall soul of the game, indeed. No investigation session, preparing evidences and so on (it's like visiting places and talking to the characters like in DSO, plus evidence search feature).

Hmm you don't like puzzle games yet love VLR :sneaky:

Reactions: Marc
Hmm you don't like puzzle games yet love VLR :sneaky:
The visual novel part kept me interested, :oops:

The visual novel part kept me interested, :oops:
I know, it's a Zero Escape game after all. Layton (and most of Level-5 games) has Ghibli-like taste, so you will not happen to find a dark, serious, challenging story like VLR. Still, it's good in their own way. :p

Probably not, either series don't really appeal to me. Nice idea though, fusing two series together into one game. :p

I actually got the game and it is a little less than i wanted it to be but, its story is completely intriguing and the charcters are a joy! :)

I feel totally out from these games. I even don't know what they are all about. can anyone please tell me what they are about? Cause I have watched trailers and so but I still cannot understand the point in th egame

Back