Are you happy about Ganondorf's last name?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Ganondorf is one of the most well-known characters in The Legend of Zelda. There's a good chance if you haven't played the games, you've heard his name already. Now his last name has been officially revealed :eek:

His full name is Ganondorf Dragmire.

yU1rNzT.png

Source: http://zelda.com/online-guide/

How do you Zelda fans feel about his last name?

It actually sounds pretty cool. The 'Drag' part of his surname reminds me of 'Dragon', but he looks nothing like one, so perhaps it doesn't suit his appearance. Perhaps he will inherit Dragon-like abilities/looks in future Zelda titles. xD

I've never been into TLoZ, but I think it's a cool name nonetheless. No Idea how actual Zelda fans will feel about this though.

Seems to sum him up pretty well; he seeks to become all-powerful like a "Drag"on, and if his situation with the Gerudo is any indication (not to mention his statements in WW), then the "mire" part fits too.

Reactions: Ace
How to ruin Ganon for everyone;
Giggity giggity, gimme' dat Triforce. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It sounds cool. I dont mind.

It doesn't hinder any previous liking of Ganondorf, but t does seem to add to his character, so I don't mind.

I think it sounds like a pretty fitting last name, considering Ganondorf's personality and character design. As he has technically ah this name since the time of the SNES in North America, however, I'm not sure if this really new, or just simply a confirmation of older information.

Back