Are you planning to get the mini nes

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
welll the mini nes has came out and been out for a couple of days now and many people are mixed about it. Some people are like *im getting that to relive my childhood* when others are like *nope i can easily just get a real one when i can play all the games* and i want to know where you stand. personally im getting it just so i can play some of the original Nintendo games but thats about it. so are you getting the new mini nes or not.

I think its cool, and a great marketing move by Nintendo. The quality is much better than virtual console, and you get this cool little mini NES, with actual working buttons and retro controllers. That said I won't personally get one. It's expensive, (not super but its still a good bit of money) and I don't have the money to spend. I also have an Original NES already. I don't have 30 games, but I still just like the idea of being able to buy more for it instead of being limited to only the pre-loaded 30. I think its cool and great, especially for kids who didn't grow up with the NES, to enjoy some old classics.

It has some Pros over the original. It won't have near as many technical difficulties because of newer electronic technology, is smaller and more portable, and is cheaper than getting a real NES and all those games. On the con side, its not the original and you don't get the satisfaction of putting in actual cartridges, you can't get more games, the controller cord is long, and it is really tiny, though that could be a good thing.

So Personally not for me, but I still think its great.

I really want to get it put the price on the console is pulling me away a bit. Im just 13 so i have never gotten the chance to play NES games expect some on the virtual console but the virtual console doesn't have the games i want to play like final fantasy.

I won't be getting it. Don't really have the space in my room right now for another console, and I'd rather take that $60 and spend it on another 3DS game than an NES. It's not really something I'm super interested in right now. Plus there's not gonna be very many, if any at all, in stock any time soon because of the high demand for them, so even if I did want one, it'd be pretty difficult for me to actually get one.

I got it about two weeks ago, and I absolutely love it! Yes, the cable is super short but dem games are so intense, most of the games are pretty hard platformers that will frustrate you to death (looking at you, uber-glitchy Ninja Gaiden).
I much prefer the mini over emulators because it's just way more convenient with the controller and all.

Also, it's not that expensive in my opinion, and it's really interesting to see how much some franchises have improved since their original games!

I probably will get it, I mean 30 games for the good old classic nintendo entertainment system!? That is like a dream come true for me! So yes, I will probably get it :)

Don't get me wrong I really do want to get the new Mini NES, however, because I have an original NES still something inside is nagging at me as if it would would change the way I play or I would begin to neglect the NES I love so much, then again I said that about the Gamecube and I still play that and the Wii U. Regardless, I may still get it out of pure contrary to what I think because of the good reviews and the new challenges that await.

After searching for months at all the stores in my local area whenever I had time, I finally managed to get one here a few weeks back. Apparently, it was part of the final shipment of those things, which seems like a bad business move on Nintendo's part. Oh well, at least I hear tale of a mini SNES later this year...

Back