ARMS Arms local and online multiplayer revealed

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Just found out that the ARMS Direct aired recently and it revealed a bunch of info about the game.

Two online multiplayer modes :
  • Party Mode
  • Ranked
Both modes support a maximum of 20 players at a time in a lobby where only 10 consoles can be used.

Whxx8HT.jpg

In party mode, players can battle up to three other ARMS gamers at a time.

Ranked mode is one-on-one matches.

Two local multiplayer modes :
  • Grand Prix
  • Local Wireless Mode
Grand Prix challenges you to win 10 straight matches then they will have to battle a final opponent. The mode can be played with one or two players.

Up to 8 players can battle it out in the local wireless mode. Each player must have their own Nintendo Switch in the same room near each other for this to work.

How many people in the world have a Switch and 9 other people that have a Switch? If there's only one Switch and you have two friends then someone would have to sit out. I think it's unique but certainly not convenient. The online modes sound like For Fun and For Glory with slightly different names. I wonder how they will all link up too and do you have to have the consoles have each others friend list or not because if not then that would save a lot of time.

The online multiplayer modes sound awesome as well as chaotic. Especially 2v2 where both teams are tethered up with their partners making potential teamwork a huge strength. Grand prix sounds pretty neat and is very reminiscent to super smash bros all star mode. I think that the grandprix potentially unlocks a new character because 10 characters where announced and the recent demo for arms shows that their is one missing fighter left and in the direct revealing the grand prix a mysterious fighter with six arms was shadowed in the reveal, but that's just a guess.
I am absolutely interested in ranked. Anything competitive I'm hooked.
Though I don't like wireless mode because I find it uncomfortable because when in wireless mode the switch tablets are usually standing up on a kickup stand and trying to play on the little screen while punching with the joycons seems pretty uncomfortable to me.

Well ARMS seems to be placing itself as the new most anticipated nintendo ip so far, I have read a lot about it on the web and people are actually craving for it. I tried it on the testpunch and even though I had great fun I could not test it locally nor online. Anyway, from what I have already experienced I like it so far so I am waiting for the reléase date to come!

Back