ARMS: Overview and my thoughts

• Thread starter Big Yoshi
  • Start date
Big Yoshi

Big Yoshi

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey everyone!
ARMS is one of the most interesting games on the Nintendo Switch, being, if you don't know, a boxing game, but the twist is that your hands can be thrown, making it have a feeling of a shooting game.
The point is, you use the Joycons' motion controls to throw your punches.
If you haven't watched, here's the trailer:

With an interview with ARMS' producer, Kosuke Yabuki (translated here: http://nintendoeverything.com/arms-...ore-news-about-content-to-come-controls-more/) he not only told how the game was made and it's concept, but he also teased that there will be more characters, more arms and more modes. That a great thing! The game looked for me, when it was announced, that it had almost no features. In my opinion, a good fighting game must have many characters, with something unique to them, and many features.

My only problem is that if you want to play the game fully you would want to buy 2 more Joycons, and they cost 80 $.

ARMS seems like a really fun game! I hope to see more information about it.

I agree. This game seems to be so much fun! This was something I thought after watching the nintendo treehouse event in January, because when it was first announced, I just thought oh come on nintendo, another motion control stupid game! And it turned out to be really interesting, and whatsmore, it is one of the games I am most excited about!

At first when I saw it at the presentation I was like meh. It didn't really stand out to me at first then later I kinda gotten more interested after I watched the arms direct that introduced different gloves, stages , and a new fighter. But what mostly got me into the game is how each of the fighters play differently and how they each move a certain way. People say that this is fake punchout and an overwatch ripoff. Some characters seem inspired by overwatch designs and characteristics such as mechanica being similar to D.va.
The character I would be interested to try is helix/DNA man. He just looks so neat. I am excited for the other arms character trailers Nintendo will release

Well, after playing the test punch, I can say that this game feels more like a sequel of sorts to Punch Out than anything else, and that is a good thing indeed, because I loved both the original Punch Out and the Wii remake. I think that the game has a much more interesting art direction than Punch Out, however.

Back