Awe-Struck Traveler!?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I need your help, friends: I would like to know what you believe
is the most BEAUTIFUL place in the world!?

Normally, people assume beauty is only in the eye of the beholder
but... In this case, I need something that I haven't seen with my eyes
Example, I Googled "Beautiful Places" and many stereotypical
areas popped up. I know mountains and lakes DO look beautiful
or awe-inspiring to most... but for me, I love bright colors, lights,
buildings that stand out and "unnatural" looking nature!

So I decided to get the thing I'm looking for, I'll ask others! If you like
places like the Grand Canyon, that's fine: I'm looking for places like this
and unexpected surprises. I want your opinion rather than the "stock replies" I found.

So a tourist spot, natural formation, Man made structure? Outdoors or Indoors?
What is the most beautiful place to you? Please reach inside and pull out somewhere
you've been or just saw that made you excited to be or want to be there!

As for me: I LOVE Times Square or and area in around Christmas and New Years!
The colors and decorations are so awesome! I wish I could move there just for that time
of year.... (And for Valentines for a completely unrelated reason)

I remember a lot of beaches I used to go to when I used to live in SoCal.

And then there are places like this I'd go to when I moved.

Reactions: Kakea and Marc

No prob. The beaches I used to see all the time back in SoCal (well, as often as you can from Lancaster, anyway), I can't believe how much I've missed it since moving to the mountains. But those are pretty too!

Since You've never been to a beach, I'd love to explain what going to a beach is like when I have the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakea
So here are what beaches are like. The last time I went to a beach was December 30th, 2017, at Cayucos when I went back to visit some relatives (Cayucos is the beach in those pictures).

The Sand-The sand of beaches are very grainy and it gets really hot the closer to the boardwalk you are. That's why when you park your car and want to go down the beach across the sand to the ocean, you need to either be wearing shoes or running for your life to the side of the beach. The sand gets cooler the closer you are to the ocean, so you don't have to be in the high tide area during low tide to experience cool sands. A particular activity I recall enjoying was hunting for sand crabs. Me and my family would wait for waves to pass over, and when they were receding we'd see little holes in the sand. We'd dig into the holes, pick up the sand crabs, and collect them all in a bucket. We'd see how many we could catch before we'd have to throw the crabs back in and go home.

The Boardwalk-It's a cool place to be, especially at night (the board walk is the place with all those house-looking buildings in the background of the beach pictures). Most of those buildings are shops, like a Pizza shop, and Ice Cream shop, a Swimsuit shop, and Surfboard shop, lots of things to really enjoy your time at the beach! They even have some activities you can do if sand and water aren't really your thing, like Skate Parks and Arcades. Most of those buildings aren't really houses or apartments, but at Cayucos beach if you look up the cliff you'll find some resort houses at the top.

The Ocean-Firstly, it is always freezing. If you can tolerate it, you can go into the water and enjoy splashing around, but if you really want to enjoy the ocean, Boogie boarding and Surfing are two very popular activities, though you may need to wear a Wetsuit. I love to go Boogie Boarding when I go to the beach, but the waves at Cayucos don't get high enough to really surf on. As for the ocean itself, if can vary depending on the beach. Some ocean sides are like the perfect blue-green color that are perfectly see-through, while some are darker and not exactly see-through able. To really sound what it's like on the beach, you can go to YouTube and search for Wave audio, but it is nothing compared to hearing it in person.

Tide Pools-If you go around the Cliffside you will be at some area with nothing but lots of rocks you can walk around. At low tide, you can walk on them and see some of the underwater life that clings onto rocks without getting into the water, like sea anemonies and some crabs. Be careful, the rocks are slippery!

The Pier-Most movies, when they are cast on beaches, feature the pier as a romantic spot for a couple, and for good reason. Up there, you get to be so far into the ocean without having the be in the water, and there are a lot of benches. It's a great place to hang out, especially at sunset (but you already know what that looks like), and at night the streetlamps go on so you can stay on the pier a little longer.

Activities-I always loved going to the beach because there was so much to do! Sand crab hunting, boogie boarding, surfing, going to the Skate Park, arcades, shops, tide pools, hanging out at night, and I hear the fireworks are amazing near the beach!

Oh man, do I miss the west. Oh well, I'm sure I'll go back soon. :p Was this helpful?

Reactions: Kakea
So here are what beaches are like. The last time I went to a beach was December 30th, 2017, at Cayucos when I went back to visit some relatives (Cayucos is the beach in those pictures).

Tide Pools-If you go around the Cliffside you will be at some area with nothing but lots of rocks you can walk around. At low tide, you can walk on them and see some of the underwater life that clings onto rocks without getting into the water, like sea anemonies and some crabs. Be careful, the rocks are slippery!

The Pier-Most movies, when they are cast on beaches, feature the pier as a romantic spot for a couple, and for good reason. Up there, you get to be so far into the ocean without having the be in the water, and there are a lot of benches. It's a great place to hang out, especially at sunset (but you already know what that looks like), and at night the streetlamps go on so you can stay on the pier a little longer.

Activities-I always loved going to the beach because there was so much to do! Sand crab hunting, boogie boarding, surfing, going to the Skate Park, arcades, shops, tide pools, hanging out at night, and I hear the fireworks are amazing near the beach!

Oh man, do I miss the west. Oh well, I'm sure I'll go back soon. :p Was this helpful?

Yeah it was, especially the fireworks! I can only imagine how awesome they look at the beach! I am interested in the
sand, ocean and boardwalk too, but... (Since I can't swim, lol!) The tide pools and pier seem more exciting to me!
I'd love to see the sea creatures that wash up, and watching movies there sounds fun! I kinda wanna see the arcade too!
(I wanna play DKjr again!) I wish I could live in a beautiful place too! Thanks for telling me this, I wish I could go traveling
and see it! The only time I've seen a "beach", was when we had a drought and the lake dried up, lol!

Reactions: Aura Knight
Back