Banjokazooie

• Thread starter NES
  • Start date
NES

NES

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
This game has a funny name, :wacky: but is fun, nonetheless. It was originally on 64, but later it moved to Xbox. I had as much fun on it as I do on Mario adventure games. Anyway, do you think it will return to Nintendo? Will the makers come up with new versions for Xbox or any other system?

From what I heard, apparently the reason Banjo-Kazooie was moved to Xbox was because the company that made it, Rare, was bought by Microsoft in about year 2002. I haven't played Banjo-Kazooie series as of yet, but the opening video looks interesting, indeed.

Last edited:
The company that developed Banjo-Kazooie, Rare, was indeed bought by Microsoft. Since then it has only appeared on Xbox consoles. I highly doubt that it will ever return to Nintendo consoles, as Microsoft doesn't want to create games for a rival's platform. I also doubt we'll actually see any new games in the series any time soon, as most people consider 3d platformers and outdated genre. The latest game in the series, Nuts and Bolts, was released in late 2008, was very different from the previous two games, and we haven't heard anything else about it since.

A similar style game recently released on Playstation, Xbox, PC, and is coming to switch. Yooka-Laylee is a very similarly style game created by Playtonic studios, which is comprised mainly of member of the original Rare team. It features similar art style, characters, gameplay, and those silly voices everyone either loves or hates. So if your interested in more Banjo-Kazooie type action, you should check it out if you haven't already.

Very unlikely, almost to the point that it is guaranteed that there won't be another Banjo-Kazooie game, and especially not for any Nintendo console. As Tribsty said, Yooka-Laylee is as close as you get, a spiritual successor of sorts, yet it's only a mediocre game I felt and not really worth the cash. Nothing compared to the classic Banjo.

I was typically very confused when playing Banjo Kazooie, and had no clue how to actually progress in the game. Directions and objectives aren't exactly communicated super clearly.

Banjo Tooie was worse, I think, in terms of confusion, but maybe that's just because I was able to play more of it and played it at a juvenile age. ;w;

I that a good game? I'm interested in titles for the N64

They made a surprising return in Smash Ultimate, so I dunno. Anything could be possible.

But it was a lot of fun. I feel like if it ever came back to Nintendo, most new players to the series wouldn't know what to do. I was like that when I first started out, I was used to following instructions. :'D
But it encourages you to go explore each world, and experiment with moves you learn. \o/ ( And don't fall in pits, dangerous hazzards. :hilarious: )

I doubt we'll see Banjo in anything besides Smash on Nintendo consoles now. Then again what is Microsoft gonna do with Banjo? Are they gonna put him in their country music records? Is he gonna be a skin on Halo? O god I hope so.

i think for most of the new and older generations BK was a very big surprise in smash i dont think now that they are getting such a spotligth microsoft wont do anything whit them , the only thing is that the people behind their succes is no longer on the rare development team its on playtonics who are pretty much apealing to nostalgia in the yooka layle series while rare is to busy on their other IPs so i dont think we will se a banjo game soon but i really hope they are at least they dont get trown in to oblivion .

Back