Moon/Sun battle buffet grinding/ skip trick

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
most of us who have played pokemon sun/moon and/ or ultra sun/moon probably have seen a place called battle buffet in the hauoli city mall (if thats how its spelled idk) where we get 10 turns to defeat as many trainers as possible, and one shotting as much as possible is ideal here of course, but with the post game levels of the NPCs here its not necessary as much as before elite 4 defeated, higher levels mean more cash (usually). however, when completing all 10 turns here, the place is inaccessible until the date rolls over (do not change the date and time on your system, you will get softlocked out of this for double time and all other timed/daily events by doing that. most here probably know that already but im writing in case some dont).

although, i found a way to bypass the barrier here so to speak a while ago, and it involves minimizing the 10 turn limit as much as possible without using all 10. Just bring one good pokemon who can one-shot the NPCs easily, and take any pokemon you wanna quick level in the remaining slots (a max level or high level starter should be fine, i used my hoopa just because i like that pokemon). ideally, give your fighting pkmn the amulet coin or a luck incense (both have the same effect, only difference is luck incense is bought instead of found) to get lots of fast cash. from my personal experience, if youre going for the big money, its best to only fight the sightseers and the madame/ gentlemen as they give most besides the ace trainer and rising star that also show randomly. otherwise just clean out whatever youre given choices from. Just fight them until youre down to one or two turns remaining, then go back to the entrance and leave the area. The lady at the counter will tell you that you'll lose any dishes you picked up, but just click yes and exit. That's literally all you lose here lol. then just go back in and you'll be able to fight an endless amount of trainers for quick money and exp as long as you dont use all 10 turns, and leave whenever you get low: rinse and repeat for fast exp and money.

this is especially useful post game as all the NPCs have level 55 pokemon, and it saves a little boredom that might come with constantly elite 4 grinding. another thing i like about this is that i dont need a full set of perfect pokemon like i would with elite 4. dont get me wrong, elite 4 is still fun sometimes and i like it, but it can get a bit repetitive after a while which is where this might feel more enjoyable. :p having all my slots hogged by my toughest pokemon makes it harder for me to level multiples efficiently which is where i feel this trick is more ideal. if you want huge cash alone though, elite 4 is way faster for that but this still works for those who are more interested in something like this :p

Fun fact: I'm typically more reserved as far as my personality and talking about myself in any way is concerned, but i decided to share this just to be friendly.

Reactions: PrimordialMew24 and Duffy
Interesting and good to know. I'll defiantly have to try this out. I always thought it was stupid that you only got 10 turns per day, now away for unlimited. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: Kadaj
Interesting and good to know. I'll defiantly have to try this out. I always thought it was stupid that you only got 10 turns per day, now away for unlimited. Thank you for sharing!
hey no problem ! And i get you completely here actually lol. the real question as to why nintendo did that is this in my opinion: how is this going to give people an unfair advantage ? pretty similar to the restraunts in pokemon x and y i think, except i had to do a back door skip for lack of better words for ideal results whereas in x and y all we had to do was go in and back out to rematch people. hopefully we'll see that in pokemon for switch, or at least fix the generation 5 exp scaling which really tired me at times >.< luckily this makes up for that tho for now

My only concern would be if they (Game Freak) patch it out. However on the 3DS uninstalling the said patch and re-downloading it is easy enough, only a little inconvenient.

My only concern would be if they (Game Freak) patch it out. However on the 3DS uninstalling the said patch and re-downloading it is easy enough, only a little inconvenient.
yeah ive been wary of the same thing. if they seriously do that though then game freak is really as cheap as cheap can get, this isnt a ridiculous exploit like the pelago glitch in sun/moon, in fact its a fair way to grind without an insane advantage that the pelago glitch gave people, so if they do that im sorry but go to space game freak. come on

Back