• Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
red-vs-blue-by-r-sraven.jpg

Battle for Champion Tournament Rules
:

- You need to have at least one gym badge to participate now.
- If both players have ORAS, they must use the game.
- Battles are only to be done over Wi-Fi in-game (no Pokemon Showdown, in other words).
- People who have earned most gym badges will get a "little surprise" (some might consider it more).
- Prize is eShop/Steam credit.
- Smogon OU (singles) rules with slight changes highlighted in red like this.
- Anyone caught hacking will be fed to the Meep. Any leftovers will go to the pandas and poyos.
- You have until November 14th, 2016 to complete your round 3 match so please complete your match asap.
-> People who are unable to play their 3DS during Mon-Thur (reason: parents) may get more time depending on circumstances.
- You can move on to your next match if another player is available. Please, no delaying.
- Use the 3DS Pedia Clock on the front page of the forum to set up a date and time (the sooner, the better).
- If you fail to meet up to battle, a coin flip will determine the winner.
--> In the case where a player is trying to delay the battle to the last moment, the more interested player will advance instead. This eliminates someone who just wants to waste time until the coin flip takes effect to determine the final winner by luck.

Battle for Champion Battling Rules
^ Making it nice and bold in case someone missed the spoiler below.

Clauses - http://www.smogon.com/xy/articles/clauses
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Moody Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Swagger Clause
  • Baton Pass Clause
    • Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass.
    • A Pokemon cannot have baton pass + speed boosting move + stat boosting move.
    • A Pokemon cannot have baton pass + speed boosting ability + stat boosting move.
  • Item Clause (leftovers is an exception)
Banned Items
  • Gengarite
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Lucarionite
  • Mawilite
  • Salamencite
  • Soul Dew
Banned Pokemon

Participants (people are constantly being added) :
I'll keep this post updated with the bracket and participants.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ, Zukrad and Danny
@Marc by when sign up will get close?

I haven't received word from him yet.
He did admit his interest in the other thread, you should probably just go ahead and add him.

Reactions: Danny
He did admit his interest in the other thread, you should probably just go ahead and add him.
Ah. Thanks for telling me. I've added him to the list. I'm going to scan through the thread again soon.

:thumbsup:

What's the change in Item Clause exactly? I can see a separate section for "Banned Items", but, "Item Clause" is bold-ed in reddish, and, besides that the leftovers is an exception.. So, can ya please clarify what exactly does that mean? @Marc Thanks!

What's the change in Item Clause exactly? I can see a separate section for "Banned Items", but, "Item Clause" is bold-ed in reddish, and, besides that the leftovers is an exception.. So, can ya please clarify what exactly does that mean? @Marc Thanks!
It's the same Baton Pass Clause + some extra emphasis.

It's the same Baton Pass Clause + some extra emphasis.
Um.. I was asking 'bout Item Clause, but, anyway does that mean that we can use every item including Leftovers except those 6 banned items, right?

Sorry, I completely misread that. Yeah, pretty much, it's the normal Item Clause with Leftovers as an exception, such that no item may occur twice in a team, excusing Leftovers.

Reactions: KJ
SHOOT I nearly missed the sign-up thanks guys for saving me there :eek:

Reactions: Danny, Marc and Mr. Kream
Anytime Dragon :) I hope I get to battle you soon!

No problem :)
SHOOT I nearly missed the sign-up thanks guys for saving me there :eek:

Bracket is up (do not forget to read the rules in the first post)

- You have until October 27th to complete your match so please complete your match asap.
-> People who are unable to play their 3DS during Mon-Thur (reason: parents) may get more time depending on circumstances.
- You can move on to your next match if another player is available. Please, no delaying.
- Use the 3DS Pedia Clock on the front page of the forum to set up a date and time (the sooner, the better).
- If you fail to meet up to battle, a coin flip will determine the winner.
--> In the case where a player is trying to delay the battle to the last moment, the more interested player will advance instead. This eliminates someone who just wants to waste time until the coin flip takes effect to determine the final winner by luck.

If I missed anything or if you have any questions, please lemme know.

Reactions: Danny, Vii and Mr. Kream
Opponent Contacted.
Good luck everyone~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Reactions: Trainer Red
Back