BBC iPlayer Wii U App Will End Its Service In Early 2017

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've never heard about the BBC iPlayer Wii U app before but it seems like its service will end in early 2017 and people who have not downloaded the app will no longer be able to via Wii U eShop :
BBC said:
We would like to inform you that due to an end in the license agreement between the BBC and Nintendo, as of 31st August 2016 the BBC iPlayer application on Wii U is no longer available to download from the Nintendo eShop.

The BBC iPlayer service will continue, for those users who have it installed on their Wii U console, until 16th January 2017, after which the service will be fully discontinued.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for enjoying the BBC iPlayer application on Wii U.
Thoughts?

I take it this news was just disclosed today. BBC is a very great service to most people I would assume (I don't know who watches that TV channel or internet podcast series (plural form)) because it offers a unique approach to the world which has been long running ever since TV was invented. There has always been friction between the UK law and Nintendo's possible fanbase. It really doesn't matter to me because I don't own a Wii U but it is also the fact because with the proper knowledge of technology you can just take the screen from your mobile phone/smart device or laptop and put it on your television, wireless or the latter.

I used it once, when I wanted to watch one of the shows I missed an episode of and I was too lazy to go on my computer :rotfl:

But yeah, "Liscence argument" that sounds intresting:p I personally don't mind at all about it, it was a badly made app (kinda like the youtube one) and never really worked, for me at least. It was slow and buggy so I doubt they'll be many people who are sad to see it go. I don't think it even had everything on it to watch >.<

At least now I can free up more blocks on my main sd card:p

Back