Best 3D Zelda?

• Thread starter Furnix
  • Start date

2D Zeldas or 3D Zeldas?

• 2D Zeldas (A link between worlds, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Furnix

Furnix

Waster of Play Coins
Towns Folk
What do you guys think is the best 3D Zelda game? I have not played all of them :( I still need to get OOT and TP. But out of the ones I have played I have to say skyward sword was the best. Majoras Mask and Wind Waker were awesome too but skyward sword has to be my favourite. It has such amazing story and gameplay and great graphics for the wii. What do you guys think?

Also, what do you guys like better? 3D Zeldas or 2D Zeldas? I personally prefer 3D Zeldas. Leave your opinion in the poll.

What do you guys think is the best 3D Zelda game? I have not played all of them :( I still need to get OOT and TP. But out of the ones I have played I have to say skyward sword was the best. Majoras Mask and Wind Waker were awesome too but skyward sword has to be my favourite. It has such amazing story and gameplay and great graphics for the wii. What do you guys think?

Also, what do you guys like better? 3D Zeldas or 2D Zeldas? I personally prefer 3D Zeldas. Leave your opinion in the poll.
You need OOT and TP, they are both really good! I thought that skyward sword controls were a bit weird, but still liked them in a way, but I still really enjoyed the gameplay of it, I actually got it before TP xD. I agree the graphics for it were amazing, for the wii of course... I really enjoyed Ocarina of Time, and actually liked skyward sword more than teilight princess...

Reactions: Furnix
Majora's Mask 3D. Even to this day continues to be the very best game in the Legend of Zelda series, it's so different than the rest of them and does not follow the typical convention of: Zelda gets kidnapped, and Ganon is the bad guy wich at this point is dull, boring and predictable. For ignoring that the game shines form it's own merits of having a much deep storyline, multiple playable characters, an interesting villain, npc with personality and a good world designed overall with it's fresh time based ideas.
Majora's Mask 3D keeps the overall experience of the original with some major improvements, permanent save files made the journey more comfortable, the song of double time now let's you skip forward to any hour of every day, so the dull waiting for specific time events are over.
All bosses have been slightly altered in some way but for the better in order to use Lnik altered forms more, special mention to Gyorg and Twinmold boss fight, the first for being challenging without being tedious and the later for actually requiring strategy to defeat it instead of mindlessly swinging your sword.

Sadly not all changes were for the better and there were several missed opportunities, Zora Link swiming is worse, now his standar swimming is simmilar to N64 Mario swimming, not as slow but nowhere near as fast or fun as in the original version, it still can be done by pressing down the R trigger, the problem: it runs on magic so if it's gone the only thing you get it's a small boost.

Also this game while is not just a simple port as Ocarina 3DS was it isn't a fully fleshed out remake, yeah it's improved in sound, graphics and interface but at it's core it still the same game, no new dungeons or some sort of hero mode may disappoint you specially since nintendo did add extra dungeons to some titles of the series that saw a port on other console (Awakening DX, Link To The Past GBA).

Still the game holds up and is a great way to experience it for the first time and I won't lie that revisiting the game in this improved version was fun and satisfying, Nintendo should take Majora's Mask as a template for the series: don't relay always in the same convention, by doing things different within the same series you'll get an incredible game that manages to stand out from the rest.
In other words, 3D Zelda.

Majora's Mask 3D. Even to this day continues to be the very best game in the Legend of Zelda series, it's so different than the rest of them and does not follow the typical convention of: Zelda gets kidnapped, and Ganon is the bad guy wich at this point is dull, boring and predictable. For ignoring that the game shines form it's own merits of having a much deep storyline, multiple playable characters, an interesting villain, npc with personality and a good world designed overall with it's fresh time based ideas.
Majora's Mask 3D keeps the overall experience of the original with some major improvements, permanent save files made the journey more comfortable, the song of double time now let's you skip forward to any hour of every day, so the dull waiting for specific time events are over.
All bosses have been slightly altered in some way but for the better in order to use Lnik altered forms more, special mention to Gyorg and Twinmold boss fight, the first for being challenging without being tedious and the later for actually requiring strategy to defeat it instead of mindlessly swinging your sword.

Sadly not all changes were for the better and there were several missed opportunities, Zora Link swiming is worse, now his standar swimming is simmilar to N64 Mario swimming, not as slow but nowhere near as fast or fun as in the original version, it still can be done by pressing down the R trigger, the problem: it runs on magic so if it's gone the only thing you get it's a small boost.

Also this game while is not just a simple port as Ocarina 3DS was it isn't a fully fleshed out remake, yeah it's improved in sound, graphics and interface but at it's core it still the same game, no new dungeons or some sort of hero mode may disappoint you specially since nintendo did add extra dungeons to some titles of the series that saw a port on other console (Awakening DX, Link To The Past GBA).

Still the game holds up and is a great way to experience it for the first time and I won't lie that revisiting the game in this improved version was fun and satisfying, Nintendo should take Majora's Mask as a template for the series: don't relay always in the same convention, by doing things different within the same series you'll get an incredible game that manages to stand out from the rest.
In other words, 3D Zelda.

Yeah, Majoras mask was a change in the formula and a big risk for nintendo right after releasing Ocarina of time. Definitely a good decision. Nintendo needs to release more zelda games like that with the standard zelda formula changed but still fun.

You need OOT and TP, they are both really good! I thought that skyward sword controls were a bit weird, but still liked them in a way, but I still really enjoyed the gameplay of it, I actually got it before TP xD. I agree the graphics for it were amazing, for the wii of course... I really enjoyed Ocarina of Time, and actually liked skyward sword more than teilight princess...
Yeah I really need to get OOT and TP. I was going to get OOT 3D but then I realised I need to save to buy Smash Bros Wii U because its smash bros and somehow I have never gotten a smash bros game. Then I need to save again for Zelda Wii U when that comes out next year.
So much to buy xD Probably gonna be a while before I get OOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Roxasthebrave
The only 3D Zelda game I've actually played and have experience with is Ocarina of Time. I have Majora's Mask but I've never actually played it enough to be able to give a good opinion on it. That said, I'll always prefer my Ocarina of Time any day.

I have to go with 3d Zelda games by far! They were so fun to get back to and I had a blast with them and it gave me back great memories! It was amazing. A link between worlds was great and very fun but OoT and MM were even better. Also OoT and MM are some of the best Zelda games

I have to go with 3d Zelda games by far! They were so fun to get back to and I had a blast with them and it gave me back great memories! It was amazing. A link between worlds was great and very fun but OoT and MM were even better. Also OoT and MM are some of the best Zelda games

Yeah MM is awesome, I will have to try out OoT sometime too.

Reactions: Link Master
I couldn't say my favorite. I love them all. Majors mask is awesome, I love Ocarnia, Wind Waker, all of them are so much fun.

If I had to choose, I'd say Wind Waker, though... I love every thing about the game, it's so fun! But . . . I do like Majoras Mask and the idea of the game... I can't choose! Their all so grand!

Have to say twighlight princess. Zelda is straight up a final boss. Epona a gets some of the action. The bosses were very realistic looking instead of the usual cartoon graphics. This goes for the game. Plus the game and what it offers is great.

My favorite is LoZ: Windwaker.

The art style in the game is reaaalllly pretty to me :0 It makes everything seem so vivid and alive. I think more Legend of Zelda games need to be this pretty :3 Another thing I love about this game is the length and playability. There are so many dungeons and soooo many islands to explore and it feels like a connected world altogether. There's just a lot to do and it's fun. It doesn't limit you from exploring too, which some games do throughout (locked areas until level X, etc)

The only problem I had the first time playing the game was that I really didn't bother to mark the islands with the little fishy man :p so I got really lost and had to look up a guide on where the islands were. I also remember repeatedly trying to shoot the fish man with an arrow xD

Yeeaaah. So far, this game is my favorite Legend of Zelda game. The remake in HD is amazing and I think everyone should play this game >.<)/

It doesn't really matter if it's 2D or 3D to me as long as the puzzles are varied and table-flip worthy out of frustration ^-^

Have to say twighlight princess. Zelda is straight up a final boss. Epona a gets some of the action. The bosses were very realistic looking instead of the usual cartoon graphics. This goes for the game. Plus the game and what it offers is great.

Yeah it had a dark theme which looks really cool. I really need to get Twilight Princess.

The art style in the game is reaaalllly pretty to me :0 It makes everything seem so vivid and alive. I think more Legend of Zelda games need to be this pretty :3 Another thing I love about this game is the length and playability. There are so many dungeons and soooo many islands to explore and it feels like a connected world altogether. There's just a lot to do and it's fun. It doesn't limit you from exploring too, which some games do throughout (locked areas until level X, etc)

The only problem I had the first time playing the game was that I really didn't bother to mark the islands with the little fishy man :p so I got really lost and had to look up a guide on where the islands were. I also remember repeatedly trying to shoot the fish man with an arrow xD

Yeeaaah. So far, this game is my favorite Legend of Zelda game. The remake in HD is amazing and I think everyone should play this game >.<)/

It doesn't really matter if it's 2D or 3D to me as long as the puzzles are varied and table-flip worthy out of frustration ^-^

Yeah the art style is really cute. I love the way link has small stubby legs. The great sea is really big and packed with islands and secrets, everytime I go sailing I find something new.

Lol, how long has it been since you played that game? It doesn't have many dungeons.... Thought, there is tons of islands to explore and mini dungeons inside them.

Lol, how long has it been since you played that game? It doesn't have many dungeons.... Thought, there is tons of islands to explore and mini dungeons inside them.
It's been a while, but I've replayed the game like 3 times already and I still have a lot to discover. :3

It's been a while, but I've replayed the game like 3 times already and I still have a lot to discover. :3
Oh, ;3

i perfer the 3d zelda games. but out of all the 3d zelda games i perfer legend of zelda twilight princess because of wolf link and the link's companion minda. for the wii it has great story and good combat skyward sword controls never work right for me every time i use it but it was a good game.

Twilight Princess is one of the best 3d Zelda games that I have played. It's a pretty emercive game that can really make you feel like Link, with the Motion Controls enhancing the experience. From the beginning of the game to the the end, it had a lot to offer. Even getting to stab a dragon in the back while it was falling felt great. And with the motion controls, it actually feels like you are stabbing something.

I tend to prefer the 3D Zeldas, with my favorites from those games being Wind Waker HD and Breath of the Wild. Nintendo did a wonderful job on both of these games, each having a fantastic story as well as memorable characters and moments that represent what Nintendo does at its best.

Back